mac2501

California

Hi guys looking for a bit of advice, looking at doing a trip to the states 2nd week of October for up to 10 days, a couple of the lads are looking at doing an AFF course.

we are looking for somewhere that has good jumping during the week, also as we are on RnR from Afghanistan the lads want somewhere fun where they can go and get drunk, so somewhere with half decent nightlife, also decent cheap accommodation if possible.

i normally stick to florida, Deland and Z-Hills which are awesome DZs but lacking in the nightlife

can anyone make any recommendations, i’m fully aware that you have Elsinore, Perris and San diego in California , but i have never jumped any of these DZs so do not know much about them, and most of the reviews are lacking in information or are a bit outdated

anyway many thanks in advance for your help

Mac

Perris
- active jumping weekdays / weekends
- wind tunnel if you want or weathered out
- bar
- swimming pool
- bunk house (cheap accomodations)
- couple hotels nearby, reasonable rates
- nightlife surrounding dz is so/so
- tail end of dust devil weather

Elsinore
- 2nd week of October they will be coming down from Chicks Rock Boogie (too bad - GREAT event), they try to keep the planes runnind during the week but it's based upon the number of jumpers around. Weekends they are busy
- bunk house (cheap accomodations)
- hotels nearby with rates around $69 - 100 per night
- nightlife is better than Perris as far as proximity to different bars / rest, etc.
- tail end of dust devil weather

San Diego
- jumping weekdays depends on the military training going on . Weekends are good
- bunkhouse
- nightlife meh ~ the DZ is pretty far away from anything
- consistant landing pattern / winds

Honestly speaking if you're looking to turn and burn AFF I'd suggest Perris. If you're looking for relaxed down to earth AFF I'd go with Elsinore. If you're looking to escape for AFF for 10 days I'd go with San Deigo.

Have fun, and THANK YOU for your service!!! :)

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I was in perris a few weeks ago and was really supprised at the lack of night life activity there.
I'm a florida boy, I am use to zhills partys on the weekends, but in perris it was like pulling teeth to get people to drink beer, and I dont even think they have a fire pit??? Wtf???
I heard elsinore was a little better but I didn't get to check it out, and as far as putting loads up, forget about it if there is a cloud in the sky! No puffy surfing! And if you get to altitude and the pilot dosent like the weather, the door is closed and you land with the plane....no refund[:/]

Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

but in perris it was like pulling teeth to get people to drink beer, and I dont even think they have a fire pit??? Wtf???

hahaha :ph34r: sounds like Perris. The Elsinore Vibe is so much better imo. Some will argue otherwise... ;) There are strong feelings from both DZ's. LOL

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

Skydance in Davis. Closed on Monday and Tuesday, but there is lots of other stuff to do in the area. Davis is a university town, so you'll find excellent downtown night life even on weeknights and lots of cuties to hit on.

Free tent space available on the dz. Clean showers. Good instructors. Cessna Grand Caravan. Beer fridge.

Guys thanks for all the good advice, i still don’t have a clue where we are going to go though,Any idea how far the DZ in San Diego is from downtown San Diego i.e. clubs and bars etc?

All we want is a good DZ for AFF, with decent local night life, can anyone else recommend anywhere else in the states ? , i might see if i can talk the lads into going somewhere else from California.

You could go with Plan-B: Do you AFF @ Bay Area Skydiving, rent a home on Discovery Bay or rent a house boat on the delta, then through your own parties. Tracy and Stockton are the closest major cities near by. Don't know how the night life is there but you could hit up San Francisco for night life. Lodi is killer and cheap but it's in the middle of no where. I start jump at Bay Area Skydiving, jumped Skydance as well as Lodi. I've transplanted to Souther California and jump at Perris. Haven't jumped at San Diego or Elsinore. Going to hit up San Diego since due to the dust devils @ Perris.

,Any idea how far the DZ in San Diego is from downtown San Diego i.e. clubs and bars etc?

It's about a half hour's drive, or you can hop across the border to TJ. ;)

g
OMG, is she okay?