b52

Beautiful DZs

Would like to get some input on where to go for a week long skydive trip in July.
Looking for either ocean view or beautiful mountain scenery jumps anywhere in the world. Doesn't need to be a big DZ, as long as loads are turning 5-7 days a week, weather permitting. Have been to California, Florida and Hawaii.
Budget is $2500.

More specifics from the folks running the boogie itself:

http://meadowpeakskydiving.com/

I wholeheartedly second the recommendation of Lost Prairie if you can adjust your schedule to support it.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Both excellent choices. Between the two, I'd suggest Elsinore though.

It's a busier DZ with more loads. It's also a better view, IMO. Also, free coaching every other week and a ton of fun jumpers always looking for new people to fly with.

It's also right next to Perris in case you want to mix things up and/or hit the tunnel.
Apex BASE

People do nothing but rave about Empuriabrava in Spain. (Haven't been so I can't vouch for it personally, but it's high on my list of places to check out).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

People do nothing but rave about Empuriabrava in Spain. (Haven't been so I can't vouch for it personally, but it's high on my list of places to check out).

I have been there and it is on the Costa Brava, Spain, it's VERY pretty and a 7 day a week DZ

If you do go there you fly in through Girona, not Madrid (if you can)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I have been known to talk shit about UK DZs, but several of the ones I have been to have gorgeous scenery. I think its the UK landscape in general, with mostly year round greenery and hedge rows. Beccles takes a flight path over the north sea which is beautiful. Some years the farmers rotate rapeseed into their farms and the yellows and greens are beautiful at altitude. Dont waste your money on going there though.

check out locarno at www.paracentro.ch. they usually are closed on Mondays. the website has a schedule what is going on but in July that is a busy season. It isn't cheap to jump in Switzerland, jumps are about $50
Always happy to fall out of a plane

I have been there and it is on the Costa Brava, Spain, it's VERY pretty and a 7 day a week DZ

If you do go there you fly in through Girona, not Madrid (if you can)

Empuriabrava has great views, and there's lots of fun to be had on the DZ and in town - but their weather has put me off going for the last few years. It's always had a tendency to get windy, but lately there's been a lot of freak rainy periods and I know many jumpers who have been there for several days without getting in the air. Shame!

Ja! Skydive Mossel Bay is really lekker.

Mossel Bay is STUNIN, infact all along the Garden route is gorgeousB|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Thanks for all your suggestions. Decided to go to Gap, France. The reviews, scenery and exit altitude of 15500ft sold me.

I have insurance which covers skydiving, but not repatriation. Do you have suggestions regarding additional insurance?
Also any additional skydive documents I need to jump in europe (I am located in the US)?
Thanks very much.

I have insurance which covers skydiving

Is it an international travel insurance, or your regular health insurance?

Most regular US insurance will treat those events and treatments as out of network (if they even cover them) and that can get pretty expensive. Be sure to double check.

Bring your license, USPA membership, and logbook. Keep in mind that they may request you also get a French membership for 3rd party insurance purposes (its not uncommon at many DZs).

Also, keep in mind that the airport elevation is about 2,000 feet. That's a good 1 size downsize equivalent. Take it slow.
Remster