tmarine253

Best DZ's in SoCal

Im moving to Carlsbad, CA next week and I was wondering what the consensus is on the dropzones out there. I know that there is San Diego, Elsinore, and Perris Valley. So what do people think about these different dropzones? Is one more fun jumper friendley than the next? I have never been to the dropzones out there or SoCal for that matter but the Marines are relocating me out there so wish me luck.

Visit them all and see which you like best. Or, keep rotating. They're all very fun jumper friendly kinds of places, each with a slightly different vibe. You'll be spoiled rotten that you can rotate through each depending on what kinds of fun activities/organizing/comps/boogies are going on where.

There's also soon to be Tsunami Skydivers in Oceanside (latest is that it's opening in July). The DZO (grimmie) has thrown some legendary exotic boogies in the past, so I've got no doubt it'll also be a great place for fun jumpers.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I just got my A license at perris, just went to my first boogie at elsinore, and just bough my first rig down at san diego, all this year! I even got offered a free jump (which they ended up filling the plane so i couldnt take advantage of but still offered) with my rig down in SD. I think all DZ's r great and full of friendly people. Also depends on what your looking for Perris is the biggest elsinore and SD r about the same all run plenty of load throughout the day. Hit me up with a PM on here when you get out here im always down to jump with someone new:)BLUE SKIES!!