toggle323

Los Angeles DZ

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for information on where to get my AFF training. I live in Los Angeles, and have done tandem a few times at Elsinore. I've considered doing it at Elsinore or Perris, but I'm wondering if there is somewhere a bit closer to LA? That drive is a long one (I'm closer to the Santa Monica area of LA)! I can't seem to find much information (or many reviews) about DZ's closer to me like Sportations, etc. Any thoughts or recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that Elsinore and Perris are your two closest choices if you want to do AFF. I remember when I first started googling "Los Angeles" and "Skydiving," I got some advertisement hits, but they were outfits that resold tandem jump tickets (probably marked up) , as opposed to real drop zones.
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

Hi everyone!

...I can't seem to find much information (or many reviews) about DZ's closer to me like Sportations, etc...

The "Sportations" DZ's are a scam. The websites are for imaginary DZs. They sell you a gift certificate and after it's too late you find out that you have to drive several hours (and past several legitimate DZs) to redeem it. (No refunds either).

Search the term "Skyride" to find out more about the scam.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Hi everyone!
I'm looking for information on where to get my AFF training. I live in Los Angeles, and have done tandem a few times at Elsinore. I've considered doing it at Elsinore or Perris, but I'm wondering if there is somewhere a bit closer to LA? That drive is a long one (I'm closer to the Santa Monica area of LA)! I can't seem to find much information (or many reviews) about DZ's closer to me like Sportations, etc. Any thoughts or recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Perris has two excellent schools on the dz. I prefer the smaller school which is where I did my AFF because it doesn't have that "factory" feel and I believe you get more individual attention. It was a 4 1/2 hr drive each way for me and well worth it. I believe most likely you are much closer.

check out skydive taft they r closer to you and a great place to learn its alot smaller so you get an amazing about of attention and learn alot from the jumpmasters there. i cant recommend it enough. they r also alot cheaper than perris or elsinore.

I've considered doing it at Elsinore or Perris, but I'm wondering if there is somewhere a bit closer to LA? That drive is a long one

Just watch the weather, and try to schedule full days at the DZ so you can make multiple jumps per day. Perris has a great bunkhouse you can crash in for something like $10/night, and an on-site restaurant where you can eat, so maybe even consider staying for a weekend (or a 3-day weekend).

The drive isn't that far when you consider that Perris and Elsinore are two of the best and busiest DZs in the world. The facilites, aircraft, and staff are well worth the drive out there. There are tons of people who drive much further for much less.