cheese1178

Skydive Vacation? Skydive Arizona vs Skydive Perris

My husband and I are working on our A license. We want to take a skydiving vacation and take a few days off from our regular drop zone, meet some new folks and most importantly, work on improving our skills and learning new things they don't teach at our regular drop zone. I found two skydive resorts: Skydive AZ (really interested in what Axis Flight School has to offer) and Skydive Perris (I didn't really see as much variety on coaching and courses offered but this is only a 6 hour drive from where I live). Has anyone taken a vacation here? In terms of coaching, was it worth building a whole vacation out of this? Any opinions and feedback is welcome!

Both places are great places to fine tune your skills.

I would give an edge to Eloy overall if you want to focus on jumping and coaching (especially with the tunnels running pretty non stop). Unless you want to do this in summer. Then I'd say go with Perris.
Remster

What don't they teach? Have you asked people about it that may have the skills?

Send me a PM with what it is you're looking for. You're on your way to an A license so just flying with certain people in a real coaching environment at your own dropzone will do wonders. There is probably a lot more talent there than you see when you're on the ground. Send me a PM and we'll see where you are.

Oh but to answer one of your questions. Get some jumps in, then build a vacation around skydiving so you can both jump together. Go to Arizona for tunnel and sky stuff.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

at your own dropzone

Yeah.. But the kids want a holiday out of it! ;)

Seriously, that's a good point. Getting your A locally 1st would be my overall suggestion. This way, you have a lot more flexibility in what you can do and who you can jump with when you travel.
Remster

I just finished up gettin my A out at perris a few weeks ago now and cant say enough good things about jim wallace's school there and the tunnel coaches at the indoor(separate but at same DZ)...i cant speak for eloy yet havent been there but plan on goin there for some canopy coaching myself,but either way im sure both places r great i read great things about both places all the time... i stayed at perris till i had 30+ jumps... just did my first 2 jumps out at elsinore today and had a great time hope i helped BLUE SKIES!!:)