Flying_Spoon

Newbie in OK trying to pick a DZ

Hello all. I've always wanted to jump and now I'm finally going to do it! Looking to go this weekend for my birthday, but I can't decide which DZ to head to. I've cruised the boards for a few days trying to find info, but I couldn't come up with anything current. The two DZ's I'm looking at are Pegasus and Oklahoma Skydiving Center because they are relatively close to OKC. I want to jump solo and AFF isn't exactly in my budget right now so SL it is. If it's not considered a foul can anyone share recent experiences at either DZ?

(sorry if my message board etiquette blows, never really posted in forums before!)

welcome to the forums and the most adrenaline rushed sport above earth. sorry, can't help on okc, those opinions will be here soon.
after 12hours anyone's welcome is a great start. blue skys.
Anyone can swim, only a few swim well.
Anyone can skydive, everyone can skydive well. Practice!

I started at Oklahoma Skydiving Center. It is great place to start it is small and the people are nice. But after i got my A i started to go down to dalllas to Skydive dallas. But Oklahoma Skydiving Center is what i would pick.

Blue skys and good luck you are going to love it!!!B|

I did some AFF jumps and some S/L jumps, sort of mixed for some unusual reasons. But now I am fully a S/L student. My DZ has been closed most weeks lately so I went over to Pegasus yesterday.

Go there and spend a day. That is the best advice I can give. A lot of places offer S/L or IAD training. Pegasus "teaches" S/L. You have to be there to understand what I mean.

I have jumped at 4 DZs, two large ones and two small one. That is funny with my grand total of 16 jumps, I know. I is not my home DZ but you can bet it will be my home away from home.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

Listen guys....Im a Coach/Tandem/Freeflyer out of OSC. We have the largest jump plane in Oklahoma. We have 3 planes...a Cess 182, 206, 402. Our 402 hold 9-10 people and goes to 13,500. We are the largest and most professional DZ in Oklahoma. Theres no longer any need for local FUN/UP jumpers to drive all the way to DALLAS! Come check us out and let us win your business and trust! Check us out on facebook and www.skydiveok.com. Give me a call 918 706 9497 or 918 225 2222. CHEERS!;)

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
-GBC