Virginia Skydiving Center Memorial Day week.

Virginia Skydiving Center Memorial Day Grand Opening B|

Date: 2012-05-26 to 2012-05-28
Petersburg , Virginia 23803

Phone: 804-928-6276
Web Site:http://www.facebook.com/events/300908256606828/

More info to come, so check back soon! Expect big planes and big things.

Roger Ponce will be organizing Big Way RW jumps, Matt Fry organizing FF Jumps, Pond Swooping and more.

Casa and a Grand Carvan

www.virginiaskydivingcenter.com
http://www.ptbairport.com/
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

so you register for 40 bucks and get a shirt???:S

So I guess you'll be bowling that weekend instead? I'm sure you'll have more fun than the folks who are enjoying a specialty aircraft, big-name organizers, and beer (none of which are free, last I checked).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

so you register for 40 bucks and get a shirt???:S

So I guess you'll be bowling that weekend instead? I'm sure you'll have more fun than the folks who are enjoying a specialty aircraft, big-name organizers, and beer (none of which are free, last I checked).

So your theory is that they do not make enough money filling the plane to pay off the plane contract for the weekend that they need to charge more money...and that they need to pay experienced organizers to jump at their dropzone that otherwise wouldnt come just for fun! And the rest of my 40 bucks that hasnt been used on the above will be spent on alcohol which I dont drink. I hope your theory is not right and they are offering some free jumps or something...for their sake :ph34r:

Stick around the sport a while longer and I think you'll find that's about the going rate for a boogie with specialty aircraft and name organizers. Go or don't go, but don't try to make these guys out to be evil for ensuring they cover their costs (btw, those ferry fees and organizer costs are pretty much fixed even if it rains all weekend).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Stick around the sport a while longer and I think you'll find that's about the going rate for a boogie with specialty aircraft and name organizers. Go or don't go, but don't try to make these guys out to be evil for ensuring they cover their costs (btw, those ferry fees and organizer costs are pretty much fixed even if it rains all weekend).

skydiving has changed I went to a few boogies in 2001 when I started and never paid a fee for the weekend...boogie fees haha :ph34r:

Anyway, nobody is being made out to be evil. It just is a laugh to be asked to pay money before you're asked to pay money. Then pay money. Pay money. Pay money. haha.

and that they need to pay experienced organizers to jump at their dropzone that otherwise wouldnt come just for fun!

You're so cute!!!!!!! :)

hehe it was her thought that they had to recoup the organizer fees (organizer fees what is this a motivational lecture we're going to???) :S

AND we get to drink free beer!? :D

What a great Grand Opening! 31 Casa Loads, 39 Caravan loads (and still going), 3 Fire Ball loads, 3 kegs, a ton of food and more water bottles than I can count! We will start all over again this Friday! Come and see us!

B|
---------------------------------------------------

Many thanks to all the staff, vendors and jumpers for all the hard work and great jumps! The boogie ran very smooth! Everyone is beat!

I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.