SkydiverDZO

Another new DZ in Virginia

Blue Ridge Skydiving Adventures just opened for business in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. Located at New Market airport (8W2) just off I-81 between Winchester and Harrisonburg. Many nearby hotels, restaurants and local attractions for after-jump activities. Fun jumpers are welcome. Flying a C-182 currently, but expecting a King Air to join the fleet in mid-May. Come on out and jump!
Charlie Gittins
MEI-I, CFI-I
Sigma TI; AFF-I
FAA Senior Rigger

Congrats! I just took a look at your website. Can you talk about the DZ more? Is there camping available? Showers?

I'll definitely be checking you out this summer!
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

Currently, we are flying a Cessna 182 wide body, but we are going to flying a King Air starting in mid-May. The airport is a private airport and we are working through some stereotypes the owner has about skydivers (some may be accurate at some DZs) but we are working to get greater access. Anyone can pitch a tent in the hangar right now, but we have not managed to get the owner to allow outdoor "camping" or bonfires . . . yet.

There are a bunch of hotels nearby if you don't want to pitch a tent in the hangar and if you have a travel trailer, the owner seems to be cool with campers and RVs.

You'll love the area -- very scenic in free fall and under canopy. We are small and friendly. No skygods!

If you have any other specific questions let me know.
Charlie Gittins
MEI-I, CFI-I
Sigma TI; AFF-I
FAA Senior Rigger