chewy496

Perris P3 Bigway vs A-Licence Fun jumper

Hi,

Quick question guys...

I'm a low jump number A-Licence holder looking to have some fun this summer. I'm booked into stay at the iHop for 2 months from mid April to the end of June, however, I'm starting to have my doubts...

With all the P3 camps and big ways scheduled at Perris during May, and the Auzzie camp in June, is it worth me staying at Perris, or should I consider looking at changing my plans to another DZ.

I've got the ambition and the money to put in 300 jumps, I want to progress in both belly and FF, but I really worry about how all these big ways will affect my jumping/fun.

Should I be looking at cancelling and transferring to somewhere else???

Bigways don't generally involve a 'ton' of jumps. It takes time to organize and dirt dive 100's of people, and they generally only make a couple jumps per day. The rest of the day there are 5 or 6 (or 10) turbines just hanging around to fly all the fun jumpers.

You can always bum a ride over the hill (20 min) to Elsinore anytime Perris gets too busy.

As Dave said go to Elsinore if your not getting what you want..
Hell go to 'Snore anyways jump for the fun of it. Elsinore is a GREAT DZ and only a very short drive from Perris
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hi,

Quick question guys...

I'm a low jump number A-Licence holder looking to have some fun this summer. I'm booked into stay at the iHop for 2 months from mid April to the end of June, however, I'm starting to have my doubts...

With all the P3 camps and big ways scheduled at Perris during May, and the Auzzie camp in June, is it worth me staying at Perris, or should I consider looking at changing my plans to another DZ.

I've got the ambition and the money to put in 300 jumps, I want to progress in both belly and FF, but I really worry about how all these big ways will affect my jumping/fun.

Should I be looking at cancelling and transferring to somewhere else???

The P3 camps are usually 5-6 MAYBE 7 jumps in a day. It really wont slow you down. Same for the Ozzie record. In fact, it means the DZ will have the planes and pilots available for them, so there wont be a plane shortage (not that it normally a problem).

And as someone said, you will be able to hang out with hundreds of people you can learn a lot from (even if they are belly fliers and you want to Freefly ;-) ) from all over the world. And, there's normally quite a few hot Russian chicks at P3! ;-)

That being said, make a day trip to Snore too. It's a great DZ.
Remster

Hi there chewy i am myself am jumpin out at perris and am learning with jim wallace...ill have my A licence before the end of april and would love to jump with ya...i have the exact same goals as u as far as belly and FF i was acctually looking into what it takes to be a part of the big P3 stuff goin on out there as far as requirements go and i def am not at that level yet but i to have the funds and drive to put in the number of jumps your talking about so let me know if u ever want to jump ill be there this weekend as long as its not rained out:-( My names tyler im always down at jims (bugging gail jim jim and sean for stories and advice) when im there