mattpark

Chattanooga Skydiving Company

Anybody know anything about this place? Saw it in a classifieds post looking for TIs.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=122841;d=1

Looking at their website, it looks a little sketchy:
http://www.855projump.com/

Just wanted to get some opinions before I started casting judgments.

They look like a group (Family) starting a news business in the area.

Make a trip out in person and see who they are.

But SET would be my personal jump location choice if in the Eastern end of TN.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Anybody know anything about this place? Saw it in a classifieds post looking for TIs.

100% Skyride.
Very soon, an honest person will not be able to sing the last 2 lines of our National Anthem:::Practice safe dining....use condiments

100% Skyride.

Since there is a conflict in posts, what do you base your "100% Skyride" statement on?

Matt

Marlena Merkt, who currently lives in Houston, Texas, took a trip from Nashville to Northwest Georgia to skydive. On the way back, she and her friend stopped to eat in Chattanooga at Las Margaritas.

The experience was life-altering, she said.

“We were so giddy and geeked out driving home that when we stopped to eat, I was trying to park, and we were laughing so hard that I could not move the car,” she said. “Definitely high on life euphoria. I really can't say enough positive things about it.”

http://www.nooga.com/154016/new-skydiving-business-opens-in-marion-county-serves-chattanooga/

Seeing how Justin used to work for ASC and all that... the quoted person in the news story sure sounds like a skyride rip off sale to me.... So reason lends it self to think it might be another ticket taker dz, at least that was my first thought when I read the news story.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Marlena Merkt, who currently lives in Houston, Texas, took a trip from Nashville to Northwest Georgia to skydive. On the way back, she and her friend stopped to eat in Chattanooga at Las Margaritas.

The experience was life-altering, she said.

“We were so giddy and geeked out driving home that when we stopped to eat, I was trying to park, and we were laughing so hard that I could not move the car,” she said. “Definitely high on life euphoria. I really can't say enough positive things about it.”

http://www.nooga.com/154016/new-skydiving-business-opens-in-marion-county-serves-chattanooga/

Seeing how Justin used to work for ASC and all that... the quoted person in the news story sure sounds like a skyride rip off sale to me.... So reason lends it self to think it might be another ticket taker dz, at least that was my first thought when I read the news story.

So they are a Skyride/Thrillplanet/Sportations Redeemer, got it.

Why put a DZ in competition with the two they own out right (if this one isn't owned out right as well)?

Matt

I have no answer as to it is or is not a skyride dz, just my first thought when I saw the news story.

So why go around saying something in public if you don't know it to be true?

You're just going to arouse the lynch mob, and perhaps unjustifiably...

So why go around saying something in public if you don't know it to be true?

What I said is true. I posted a link to a news story, that in its self would tend to make most anyone who has followed the saga of that bunch, to think this dz is yet another ticket taker for the network. After all I'm pretty sure newspaper didn't just show up for a hot scoop story here, pretty common to call the local news peeps and try to get some free advertising for DZ's. (public record)

Then when you add into the mix Justin's own posts on here defending the business model and actions of his former employers, Ben & Cary and expressly states he is a huge supporter of them as long as he was getting paid to help ripoff people, again it would tend to point to a reasonable person having the impression I posted about when reading the newspaper story about the DZ and then quoting someone who drove from TX to TN to make a jump at pimple of a dz in the backwoods of hillbilly land. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be Bill Von then, right?

You can flame all you want for expressing my point of view as to how and why I posted as I did, I stand behind the post... based on the public records at hand IMHO this dz will take any sales from thrill planet, skyride, sportations, IGO etc. if not now in the very near future.

You're just going to arouse the lynch mob, and perhaps unjustifiably.

Well its been almost 24hrs, still waiting for the mob to show up. Gee maybe their not going to show up because all of those players have already gone their rounds with Justin for the last few years and they already know what he is all about and like many assume he has not changed his ways and or loyal support for the skyride ripoff business plan. Even his website is trying to use many of the same tactics as Ben & Cary's websites do for SEO.

Generally in today's industry almost every dz that is not taking part in the ripping off of people, these businesses go to great effort to advertise they are not part of that scam. Even most new dzs' will place a big banner on their websites making it clear they are not part of that network. The ones who don't are the ones who are taking the tickets and supporting the scam.

Gee John if your so worried about it maybe you should call them up and ask if they take them or not and report back to us your findings... Better hurry up before the lynch mob gets here and burns down the thread.

(P.S. I did call and I got the answer from Justin himself, so I stand by my statements!)
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW I PERSONALLY WENT OUT AND GOT A LOAN FOR $100,000. BOUGHT THE PLANE AND THE GEAR NEGOTIATED THE CONTRACT I OWN IT ITS MINE SO FUCK OFF I DONT WANT YOU HATERS HERE ANYHOW THIS IS A PLACE OF POSITIVE THOUGHT AND ENERGY, JUST STAY BEHIND YOUR COMPUTERS AS IT NOW IS THE ONLY CONTACT TO SKYDIVING MOST OF YOU HAVE LEFT!!
AND WHILE YOUR AT IT ASK HANS AND GREG WHO THEIR FIRST TANDEMGUY WAS, I DIDNT SEE ANY OF YOU HATERS THERE THE FIRST TWO YEARS
AS ALWAYS
SKYDIVE MORE AND POST LESSSSSSSS
AND FOR THE NON HATERS PLEASE COME BY AND ENJOY THE VIEW AT THE CHATTANOOGA SKYDIVING COMPANY "WE MAKE SMILES"

JUSTIN SILVIA MB66
WAKE UP TANDEMGUY !THERES A DUI CHECKPOINT UP AHEAD

Please read the forum rules, no personal attacks allowed.

BTW, as a DZO who would like fun jumpers to visit his dropzone, you might want to have a more welcoming attitude. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It's not a personal attack to question a new dropzone that no one knows anything about. It is a personal attack to tell someone to fuck off.

Again, the people you want coming to your dropzone are reading this and forming opinions on what the culture there will be like. Why don't you give us some positives about the place and specifics on planes/costs/facilities, etc?

Also, please turn off your caps and stop yelling at us.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You protect these losers that hide behind screen names, none have the balls to look me in the eye and say this shit,
bring it if not shut up or I will shut you up.
The people that read this forum have already made up their mind about me, and they are with me or against, then there are those that I will grow, Ive seen this from both sides Haters that rent my sport and fade away, those that love and learn and grow,Its all good , and some bad , peace love and skydiving
JUSTIN SILVIA MB 66
D15898
CHATTANOOGA SKYDIVING COMPANY
300 AIRPORT RD
JASPER, TN 37347
WAKE UP TANDEMGUY !THERES A DUI CHECKPOINT UP AHEAD

You protect these losers that hide behind screen names, none have the balls to look me in the eye and say this shit,
bring it if not shut up or I will shut you up.

FUCK OFF I DONT WANT YOU HATERS HERE ANYHOW THIS IS A PLACE OF POSITIVE THOUGHT AND ENERGY,

:)if those are "positive thoughts" I'm curious what negative thoughts look like.:P

I HAVE WELCOMED ALL NON DZ.COM HATERS THE REST CAN FUCK OFF

I can't say that you have made me feel welcome - so by your definition I must therefore be a DZ.COM HATER. Is there a patch I can get to sew onto my jumpsuit signifying DZ.COM HATER membership?

I would say something about your marketing skills, but that would be a PA and apparantly I am more afraid of SkyMomma than you are.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Dude, I don't have anything against skydivers starting new DZs. I wasn't saying you are sketchy, I was talking about your website. Which, I still say, looks sketchy, mostly because of the website's footer.

I was trying to be diplomatic and not accuse anyone of anything. Attacking people in the forum and sending hateful PMs isn't a way to gain any support from your fellow jumpers.

Since I'm in Chattanooga right now, I might have wanted to come jump at your DZ had your response been a little more cordial.

Regardless of all that, I hope your DZ can be a fun, safe place for fun jumpers and that your business is prosperous.

"We have provided Skydiving services in Nashville, in Knoxville, in Birmingham,in Asheville, in Marietta, in Brentwood, in Huntsville, in Georgia all over North Carolina, all over Tennessee"

Just out of curiosity, where in Nashville, Knoxville, Brentwood, and all over Tennessee have you provided skydiving services?