clustermagnet

Skydiving near Seattle

Thanks! Both DZs run twin otters? Camping? :) Drinking? :)

that would be kapowsin. snohomish has a caravan and leases a second caravan from kapowsin during the summer months (only on certain weekends).

kapowsin has more fun jumpers and is more social after hours. at snohomish things shut down pretty quick after sunset load but there is a skydiver bar close by that everyone goes to.

they're both good DZs, just depends on what you're interested in. snohomish is closer to Seattle, kapowsin is easier to get on loads (fewer tandems).

1/2 way between is the new 14 foot iFly seattle tunnel ;)

edited to add: kpow has a twin otter

I am also possibly relocating to Seattle. I just visited on a 2 week scouting trip. Is the jumping there as cloudy and rained out as I am imagining? This is possibly a dumb question. I know I visited during the worst season as far as sunshine goes.

I am also considering Vancouver BC.

I am also possibly relocating to Seattle. I just visited on a 2 week scouting trip. Is the jumping there as cloudy and rained out as I am imagining? This is possibly a dumb question. I know I visited during the worst season as far as sunshine goes.

I am also considering Vancouver BC.

There is year round jumping in both Seattle and Vancouver. there are a lot of days where there is a cloud layer.. but its up above full altitude. Then there are days like yesterday.. clear and blue skies but a tad chilly.

Everything depends on that big 4000 mile wide air conditioner out there to the west of us. Depending on what weather pattern sets up out there over the ocean, either coming up from Hawaii or down out of the Gulf of Alaska jumping from the middle of October till say late May is just a crap shoot. but when it does clear up.. it is AWSUM.:)
If the weather looks totally sketchy... you can be at Eloy in a few hours.

Alaska Airlines at Sea-Tac to Sky Harbor in Phoenix is just a couple hours.. and its about an hour drive to Eloy.

I jump year round. You can't jump every weekend, you might only get a few jumps on a given day, and you may need to accept a 4-6k ceiling from time to time, but it's not like a cold weather state where you're shut down for 4 months.

Sunday I made 4 jumps between 1pm and sunset and aside from it being about 9 degrees F at altitude, it was fine.

Just depends on where you're coming from. The soft californians bitch about it, and the midwestern folks who know what winter really is are thankful for the chance to jump in january :P

I love both Kapowsin and Snohomish....both for different reasons ---- We tend to hit those dz's in the winter as the Ritz doesn't do much jumping in the winter time. If you get to the east side of the state come for a visit.:)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!