fizzbuzz99

couple questions about eloy

pack: 7 if over 200 sqft, 6 between 100 and 200, 5 for less than 100 sqft

Why the different rates by canopy size? Isn't it the same number of hand motions, and therefore time, regardless of size? A 7-cell is a 7-cell, regardless of how big the cells are.

Why the different rates by canopy size? Isn't it the same number of hand motions, and therefore time, regardless of size? A 7-cell is a 7-cell, regardless of how big the cells are.

Not true. I jump a 103, and I can push all the air out of the canopy before I put it on the ground, while a larger canopy needs to be set down and pushing the air out of the canopy will take longer.

Once on the ground, I can get it in the bag with one S fold, while a larger canopy requires two.

Depending on the size of the bag, you might be able to make fewer stows with the shorter lines on a smaller canopy.

When you get paid piece work, these 'time savers' can shave 1 min off a pack job, and that's real money by the end of the day/week/month/year. Of course, this is in Eloy, where the packers have a never-ending pile of work, and 1 min can make a real difference. At a lesser DZ, where packers have 'time off' between loads and such, I would disagree with the upcharge for larger canopies.