Pterois

Perris or Eloy or ?

I am probably gonna have a considerable amount of free time in March. I'd like to go to a DZ where the weather would be good almost every day. I could make a bunch of jumps and get my A license.

I jumped a few times last year and loved it. Because it's been a while, I'm going to start over with AFF 1.

I'm thinking about Eloy or Perris. Reason to prefer one over the other? No doubt they are each excellent. Other dropzones that would be great places for this?

I am probably gonna have a considerable amount of free time in March. I'd like to go to a DZ where the weather would be good almost every day. I could make a bunch of jumps and get my A license.

I jumped a few times last year and loved it. Because it's been a while, I'm going to start over with AFF 1.

I'm thinking about Eloy or Perris. Reason to prefer one over the other? No doubt they are each excellent. Other dropzones that would be great places for this?

I would go to Eloy if I wanted to nothing but jumping.
If I wanted to to social stuff off DZ then Perris is better suited, particularly if you want to do Hollywierd etc...
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I would go to Eloy if I wanted to nothing but jumping.
If I wanted to to social stuff off DZ then Perris is better suited, particularly if you want to do Hollywierd etc...

Yuppers.. and rarely is the weahter uncooperative in ELoy that time of year as it can be over on the coast.

I can remember more than once in SoCal being mudded to death in March.[:/]

Ive just got back from my first trip to Eloy. Ive been to Perris twice before during Easter 2010 and 2011.

I preferred Eloy over Perris. Eloy had between 30-40 lifts midweek and the nightlife was great (we stopped in the bunkhouse and therefore met more people than stopping off the dz). When i went to Perris both times, it was with a group of 100+ people so i cant really comment on what it would be like if the dz was not littered with my group.

The feel of Eloy is much better than Perris as its all in a circle, with the swimming pool in the centre of it all. Perris seemed to be built using a ruler as everything is down one long path!

Fires are permitted on the DZ at Eloy, there is a firepit between the toilets and the bunkhouse, which is a really cool place to meet people - set up a fire and people going to bed will come and chat to you at the fire :)

There are more places to hangout and relax when not jumping at Eloy also as its a larger place. There is a basketball hoop, 2 pool tables and a swimming pool. Perris has a swimming pool and a pool table.

Food is cheap-ish at Eloy. Get a hotdog and fries for $2.99 that fills you up during the day. For evening meal I had 7oz steak often for $11 I didnt eat that much on the DZ at Perris as we stopped of the DZ so cant really comment on food there.

If i had a choice, I would choose Eloy over perris every time.

Ive just got back from my first trip to Eloy. Ive been to Perris twice before during Easter 2010 and 2011.

I preferred Eloy over Perris. Eloy had between 30-40 lifts midweek and the nightlife was great (we stopped in the bunkhouse and therefore met more people than stopping off the dz). When i went to Perris both times, it was with a group of 100+ people so i cant really comment on what it would be like if the dz was not littered with my group.

The feel of Eloy is much better than Perris as its all in a circle, with the swimming pool in the centre of it all. Perris seemed to be built using a ruler as everything is down one long path!

Fires are permitted on the DZ at Eloy, there is a firepit between the toilets and the bunkhouse, which is a really cool place to meet people - set up a fire and people going to bed will come and chat to you at the fire :)

There are more places to hangout and relax when not jumping at Eloy also as its a larger place. There is a basketball hoop, 2 pool tables and a swimming pool. Perris has a swimming pool and a pool table.

Food is cheap-ish at Eloy. Get a hotdog and fries for $2.99 that fills you up during the day. For evening meal I had 7oz steak often for $11 I didnt eat that much on the DZ at Perris as we stopped of the DZ so cant really comment on food there.

If i had a choice, I would choose Eloy over perris every time.

Quit throwing the fire extinguishers into the bonfire! I got blamed for it, and I hadn't even set foot in the bunkhouse yet. ;)