johngrant

Colombia DZ´s

Hey,

Looking at jumping in colombia while I´m here but can only find one DZ in Flandes. Are there anymore?

No, not open to the public that is. There are a few military DZs on military bases so you are pretty much limited to Flandes.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

there is only 1 dz i know of. me and some others got to jump with their military this past summer, but as for the civilian skydiving there isn't much.

and they all land into the wind no matter what. keep your head on a super swivel under canopy.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

Parachutist did a profile on a jumper from Bogota about 3 or 4 years ago. He said that he and his friends would basically rent an airplane and pilot once a month or so and jump like that. Not sure whose land they used for the DZ or if they rented that as well....

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

That's the one and only civilian operation in Columbia and they jump at flandes. The plane departs from bogota international airport and flies to flandes where you jump in on arrival over the dz roughly 30 mins after leaving Bogota and a dropzone departure altitude difference of 6000 ft. This means most jump in without their AAD on unless you have a vigil which can be offset that much at the departure airfield. There is also limited number of seats on the aircraft so some people drive to the dz. Jumping is usualy done the second weekend of the month and thats it. Sometimes there are special events organized by club members and the plane flies to and jumps at other locations, such as the Cali international Airport but they are not a regular occuring event.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING