g3ninfinite

Skydive Dubai

how much am I looking at to have a decent time for a couple weeks?

Does a "decent time" include eating pork, drinking booze, and cavorting with loose women?

All of which you can do in Dubai
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

They could be giving away hookers and blow there for all I care. I'll never give a penny to a place like this.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-a-morally-bankrupt-dictatorship-built-by-slave-labour-1828754.html

How dare they build a country on slavery! Who would ever live in a country that used slavery to grow?
Just ask the Native Americans, the Asians, and African Americans.:S

They could be giving away hookers and blow there for all I care. I'll never give a penny to a place like this.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-a-morally-bankrupt-dictatorship-built-by-slave-labour-1828754.html

How dare they build a country on slavery! Who would ever live in a country that used slavery to grow?
Just ask the Native Americans, the Asians, and African Americans.:S

I couldn't effect that practice on the not unreasonable assumption that I had to wait at least a century to be born.

I do however have the choice now to refuse to support a regime that uses those practices now.

You are free to do whatever you want. I have more big way world records than I can count. I don't need another one so badly that I'll regret my participation in it for the rest of my life.

ROTFLOL, DUDE...........your home dz says Perris........it doesn't get anymore bad ass than PERRIS :P

You could probably do 200 or more jumps at "home" for what it would cost to go there.

Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

I regularly pass through Dubai for work, and have jumped there on several occasions. As I, like you do not have 200 jumps I can only speak for the Desert DZ.

The Good:
It will probably be warm, and you can jump in your shorts. Modern Planes, occasional helicopter sometimes balloons available to jump.

The bad:
The DZ is far from anywhere, need a rental car and a pretty long boring ride every day. Winds are often an issue with frequent no jump days. DZ like Dubai a dictatorship and very money oriented (students are required 10 coach jumps post AFF to get A-licence!). You need your own gear, freeflying in rental gear without an instructor will get you grounded.

The Ugly:
No Beer.

I couldn't effect that practice on the not unreasonable assumption that I had to wait at least a century to be born.

I do however have the choice now to refuse to support a regime that uses those practices now.

Do you drive a car? use oil? If not, tell me how to go about not shelling money over to those countries.

I'm farily sure that skydiving uses gas. Lots of it.
from What I hear, you pretty much sell your freddom to work there. I don't know how true that statement is. But, on that front, i choose not to support them.

I'd still love to jump there.
My photos

My Videos

I regularly pass through Dubai for work, and have jumped there on several occasions. As I, like you do not have 200 jumps I can only speak for the Desert DZ.

The Good:
It will probably be warm, and you can jump in your shorts. Modern Planes, occasional helicopter sometimes balloons available to jump.

The bad:
The DZ is far from anywhere, need a rental car and a pretty long boring ride every day. Winds are often an issue with frequent no jump days. DZ like Dubai a dictatorship and very money oriented (students are required 10 coach jumps post AFF to get A-licence!). You need your own gear, freeflying in rental gear without an instructor will get you grounded.

The Ugly:
No Beer.

so 7 aff jumps plus 10 coach jumps post aff, equals 17 jumps, which is still 8 jumps under the requirement of 25 jumps for your A licence. sounds like a good deal to me.

erm, you still need the 25 jumps, its just instead of doing 7 on your AFF and 18 alone, in Dubai you need to pay a coach for 18 jumps (8!+10) then do 7 alone, or with friends with the relevant ratings.

This is ok if money is not an issue for you, but seeing as AFF already costs at least 2700$ in Dubai the requirement for another 10 coach jumps at around 90$ each without gear may seem a little steep to some, especially as this is apparently not communicated when students sign up for AFF.

I got my B-licence with an AFF, loads of jumps with friends and alone plus one coach/check dive. I don't think students should be forced to pay for more coach jumps than they necessarily require.