CSpenceFLY

The 9th Annual St.Patricks Day Celebration Boogie:Fitzgerald,Ga:March 15th-18th 2012

We will have a MD-500. It will haul 4 jumpers depending on weight. Looks like the cost of jumps will be $65.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Md_helicopters_md-500e_g-sscl_arp.jpg

I'm not sure if it's an e model.

MD500? Hell yeah!!!

My favorite bird!
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Wait...so this isn't actually at Skydive the Farm? It's actually someplace else in Georgia? LOL I'm glad I checked out STF website.

Can you read the subject line of this thread?

Hahaha I thought STF was in Fitzgerald GA. Go easy on me...I'm learning.

I still think of Maryland as the deep south.

Ok, well now that I'm done teasing you, I'll tell you that one of the best things about this boogie is that it's NOT at a dz. It's just at a camping area, so it just feels more relaxed and fun. You should definitely come!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Ok, well now that I'm done teasing you, I'll tell you that one of the best things about this boogie is that it's NOT at a dz. It's just at a camping area, so it just feels more relaxed and fun. You should definitely come!

Oh I'm coming, I already sent in a deposit for a balloon jump and I plan on jumping that helicopter too.

It would have been pretty funny if I showed up to STF and no one was there.

Can't wait!

I like you Canuks, you're a friendly bunch. :)

They're Canadian. It's a national requirement. Haven't you seen how I met your mother? http://fliiby.com/file/142350/cotv529y2z.html

You mean they're from Canadia?:o
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I’m looking to take another week off after the boogie to do a canoe trip with a buddy of mine and I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the river just north of Fitzgerald? Would it be a good river for a 5-6 day canoe trip? Is there camping along the river?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocmulgee_River

You could easily spend 5-6 days on the river. I believe it goes all the way to the coast but I'm not sure how long a trip that is. I think most of the land along the river is private property. I know there are people who camp along the river but I don't know if they camp with permission or trespass out in the middle of no where.

Quick run down on everything: At this point I'm trying to keep costs where they were last year. I'm having to keep a close eye on fuel prices rising and the airport works with me the best they can. I also have a possible addition to the entertainment.
-Registration is $35 with a slight possibility of going to $40 depending on the above.
-Lift Tickets are $26
-Helicopter jumps $65, observers if allowed $65
-Helicopter sight seeing rides $50
-Balloon slots $95 including observers
-Full service RV slots $20 a night, may be required to share slots,fee is not split
-Tents or RVs not needing power are free, Don't get caught stealing power.
-Private tents rented from us will be allowed to tap into rv park power if available. Bring your own cords.
-Other tents needing power I will have to announce later
-Read the next one twice!!!
-THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING BETWEEN THE BUILDING AND RV SLOTS. NONE,NONE,NONE. I get tired of the people every year that think they are special and ignore me when parking and when asked to move their car. If your car comes up missing please see me to find out where it was towed.

That's it for now.

My daughter and her Fiance are coming to the boogie Sat-Sun. They won't be jumping, so if you need to put them to work, just let me know. I'll volunteer them. :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon