cbrown1311

Hyde Park Chicago

Hey everyone,

More likely than not I'll be attending medical school at the University of Chicago, and I was wondering a couple of things:

1.) Are there any jumpers here that live in Hyde Park?
2.) Whats the closest dropzone in terms of time to the University? both CSC and Skydive Chicago are about the only two dropzones I've heard anything about
3.) Does the University have any type of skydiving club?

Congrats on getting into UofC! My wife and I live in Hyde Park, where she is finishing up her law degree this June. I'm not sure if there are any other jumpers in Hyde Park, but the university doesn't have a club (yet). The closest DZ's are SDC and CSC, both of which are about an hour and a half drive.
We moved to Chicago from the south and I will never get used to the winters up here. The summers are really nice and the DZ's are really busy, so bring your rig and your checkbook.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

I live in the West suburbs and frequent SDC. I have not been to CSC yet. Also, you are probably nearly as close to Skydive Milwaukee in East Troy, WI. I have been going there the past few weeks because they jump a cessna even in the winter. I have done 7 jumps there in the past 2 weeks. It is a bit of a drive for me (100 minutes), but it's worth it to stay current through the winter. :)