frontloop33

DZ in Australia

Hi!

I'm going to Australia for a holiday trip.
Can someone recommend a DZ in South Australia, New South Wales and/or Victoria?

I have to rent the gear (I'll contact the DZ) and I'll just bring my logbook, my licence (german) and my proof of third party liability insurance (1.5 Million €). That should be enough, I think.

Hi!

I'm going to Australia for a holiday trip.
Can someone recommend a DZ in South Australia, New South Wales and/or Victoria?

I have to rent the gear (I'll contact the DZ) and I'll just bring my logbook, my licence (german) and my proof of third party liability insurance (1.5 Million €). That should be enough, I think.

Lower Light in SA
Nagambie in Victoria
Sydney Skydivers in NSW

Those 3 places will see you right
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I was hoping you'd say Queensland because I would have recommended http://www.ramblers.com.au/ Ramblers. Felt at home there after being there for like 5 minutes. Great place, didn't even jump (weather)! Picton was a bit meh IMO but we were there midweek after a boogie and noone seemed to want to jump. Weather was perfect too. I'd suggest calling in advance.

Check out the APF (Australian Parachute Federation) website too, because you'll need to purchase an Australian membership.

It's also worth ringing the DZs ahead to check their operating days. Most of them tend to be weekend only. Although you can often find a slot during the week.

Also, check if they have special requirements. Many require an AAD regardless of your experience level.

The weather is starting to get good here. Look forward to seeing you in our skies!

I just spent a year traveling and jumping the east coast of Australia. There are MANY options wherever you go.

Check out the skysurfer forums and the APF website listed a couple posts up for different events. There is always some kind of boogie or competition or training events happening.

When are you traveling?

You will need to get an APF membership but you can buy a temporary membership for 1, 3, or 6 months I believe.

There are also some different rules in Australia regarding what you are allowed to do as far as size of jumps go. Maybe someone else can better explain how the star crest and freefly crest work.

You should definitely get onto the Skysurfer forum. Its a great resource for meeting people, finding events and the Australian crew is very hospitable. It's very easy to find rides to the DZ, places to sleep and new friends to have a beer with :)
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

I'm also in the same boat so instead of start a new thread I thought I'd just reply.

I'm going in November for as long as my money will last and was wondering what the largest and busiest dropzones are in aus? I've been looking at ramblers but from their description on their site, it sounds like they can barley get enough kid week jumpers...

There is always something happening somewhere.

In november is the full moon boogie at nagambies and then there is a week long wing suit and freely camp at bridgwater, both these dropzones are in victoria.

Over Christmas the boogie at picton, Sydney skydivers has super cheap jumps and lots happening, then everyone drives down the coast for new years at surf side.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)