slotperfect

Canopy Piloting Training Series Sep 2-4 @ Raeford Parachute Center

Raeford Parachute Center is hosting the Canopy Piloting Training Series September 2-4 2011 (Labor Day weekend).

Pre-nationals training camp with coaching by Greg Windmiller.

Cost is $100 per day or $200 for the entire weekend. Includes coaching, video debrief of all jumps, refreshments, catered meal, video, and photos. Hop and pop tickets are $16 each.

Course uses official FAI inflatable course markers (pics attached).

Contact John Nolan for details: [email protected]
Arrive Safely

John

Please send John Nolan an email with your question: [email protected]

This may also help (copied from the Facebook page):

The Mission of the Canopy Piloting Training Series is:
-Provide Coaching/Training Venue for FLCPA Pilots
-Instruct and Introduce Competent and Capable Canopy Pilots to Competitive Piloting in a non-Competitive Atmosphere
-Increase the Membership of FLCPA
-Train and Qualify Judges
-Educate
-Turn Swooper into Pilots
-Educate DZOs/S&TAs in Safety Factors for Swooping
-Educate inexperienced jumpers in responsible piloting progressions

Arrive Safely

John

Deisel,
the event will be open to all pilots looking for coaching. Not all particpants will run gates (coach/event director discretion). Pilots preparing for Nationals or looking for competition experience will recieve coaching on speed, distance and zone accuracy. Other pilots will be coached on landing pattern, set-up, rotation etc. This is not an "essential skills" course, but geared for pilots who are already performing "speed generating" turns for landing. Those who only do 90s are certainly welcome.

We discussed this, but as of right now there is no cap. Juan knows you are coming with your crew . . . I will tell him that it may be up to five. Those numbers are completely up to Juan - I am just helping him organize the event and serving as the event S&TA.

FYI for y'all while I'm thinking about it . . . NC State Police has "Booze It and Lose It" random check points out until 5 September. There were 500 alcohol related vehicle incidents and 20 fatalities last Labor Day weekend so they are trying to drop those numbers. I hear that VA SP have a similar program, so they may be tag-teaming.

It will be great to have y'all. I will PM you my cell phone number - call me if you need anything.
Arrive Safely

John

Schedule has been finalized:

THURSDAY 5:30 – 8:00 PM REGISTRATION PK’S GRILL & PUB
DAILY 7:00 – 8:00 AM REGISTRATION MEAT LOCKER TEAM ROOM
DAILY 8:15 AM SAFETY BRIEFING MEAT LOCKER TEAM ROOM
DAILY 9:00 AM LOAD ONE 20 MIN CALL N216PK
SATURDAY EVENING CATERED MEAL (INCLUDED IN ENTRY FEE)

I also have an info sheet with lodging suggestions and map/directions. PM me with your preferred email address and I will send it to you. Included will be the registration form if you are the proactive type.

Be sure and bring your USPA credentials & rig to registration.

Neither CPTS nor RPC manifest is set up to take credit cards. Cash or personal check; there is an ATM on site although the lightning has been playing Old Harry with it lately. You can also pay John Nolan through PayPal - [email protected]
Arrive Safely

John

We have had a lot of responses from non-swoopers of various experience levels that want to participate using their existing approach and landing. A separate but concurrent plan is being worked to accomodate all of you. Pricing for y'all will also be different, final word on that is to be put out at Friday morning's registration (see John Nolan).

Again, I have reg forms and info sheets with schedule, lodging, and DZ infor available via email. PM me your email address and I will be glad to send it your way.

Swoop course update: Irene is coming by this weekend to fill up the pond :P

Arrive Safely

John