grimmie

Skydive Nicaragua boogie-2012

Well, it's just under 2 weeks out and we're ready!!! About 200 people in total and 127 jumpers.

If you haven't read Richie's emails, here's the scoop!

Manifest will be open on March 2nd for assorted paperwork. Make sure you have your license and an in date rig. There won't be any jumping on the 2nd (they're doing a demo that day) . There is a MANDATORY briefing the morning of March 3rd and then manifest will be open for waivers, gear checks and we'll let the games begin!!!

Rich has done a TON of work for this boogie. This is the FIRST civilian jumping EVER in Nicaragua. Please remember that we are guests of Nicaragua, the Barcelo Montilemar and of Rich and Kristine Grimm. Please conduct yourselves accordingly.

There are a few invite only demos but there are a few "all are welcome" demos going on throughout the boogie. We'll have lots of info available at manifest on the big white boards.

Read the emails that Rich has sent. They have all the info you need to get there. Once you're there, we'll have the rest of the info.

SAFE travels everyone. We'll see you on the beach!!!

And the countdown is on ... 12 sleeps until most of you get there!!!!
'Shell

So is it bad when 17 out of 18 people land in the ocean? I didn't wake up early enough to watch myself but I counted at least 9 rigs and was told 17. :S

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

haha effect of el lago nicaragua :)

i didnt think about that but what makes it such a great surfing country is the winds blow offshore almost 365 days a year.

I wish I was there but not to jump from a plane that I could do in any bumfuck part of the USA ;)

Well, Rich, it sure wasn't what we all expected, was it? :D Even though there's not too many (okay ONE) jump in my logbook from the boogie, I'm consoling myself with the fact that just having a civilian skydive in Nicaragua logged puts me in some very esteemed company, as this is definitely the first (and I'm guessing the last;)) time folks will be jumping there.

I'm not sure who convinced the wind gods to smite us, but whoever did it did a fantastic job - you couldn't have asked for sketchier conditions than those crazy uppers and constant offshore ground winds. Add in the prodigious demand for Cipro by our crew, and you could have had a mutiny on your hands. It's testament to you (and your whole team's) past success in running boogies that instead, you attracted a great group of folks instead who rolled with all the punches and had a great time nonetheless. Sure, we were frustrated, but no one had to be "that guy" about it.

Looking forward to using up some of my leftover jump tickets in Oceanside and wearing the collector's item Skydive Nicaragua t-shirt with pride!

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Pic set 1 of 2

Sure there were winded out days but at the all inclusive resort (including booze), eat and drink to be merry. Your own private rooms (complex was massive), and when you could not skydive there was:

-quad on the beach or into town (with bar stops, try that one at home)
-surf, body boarding
-tours into towns or cities
-volcano sliding (yup, $5 toboggan rental to slide 75 km/h down the side of a real active volcano)
-lobster is the local food
-tons of sun and pool side fun

There may have been more skydiving but this was the usual awesome get together with everyone you know, have a tropical vacation and do some skydiving.

If it's any consolation to any of you, the weather in Belize was just as bad during that period. The whole of Central America experienced unusual winds and rain.

If Rich had had the boogie here again, I think you may have been winded/weathered out most days too. For those who didn't jump much, don't let that put you off, Rich organizes legendary 10 day parties, with some skydiving thrown in as a bonus :D

Dude

Two lobsters on one plateB|

Hmm When we went to the Boogie in bali it was such a sweet deal, wuffo's were going, giving away their jump tickets and haveing a marvelous time.:)
Two Lobsters on one plate:P

Did anyone need a water jump?:ph34r:

One Jump Wonder

That earthquake drill was one of the most surreal things I have ever experienced. It was right after the fateful Ocean Load, after being fished from the sea by the fishermen, totally traumatized and exhausted, I eventually staggered up to the hotel to try and contact my family by Skype, and what do I see as I enter the ground floor but rubble strewn all over the place and a body lying at the foot of the stairs with guts spilling out of his stomach and blood all over him. I seriously thought I must be HALLUCINATING from shock. I could not understand why other workers were standing around not even paying attention to this body... then I finally notice the paper on the wall stating that today was an earthquake simulation emergency drill for the staff. It was the icing on the cake to my most memorable day ever!! Ha ha!