AdrianGlave

DZ close to DC?

I'm meeting up with a UK friend in a few weekends time and he's keen to get a tandem jump in.

Can anyone advise or recommend a DZ close to Washington DC?

I've done the google thing but not sure I'm finding actual DZ's or 'extreme experience' providers who farm out to DZ's.

Thanks in advance :)

I jumped at 3 DZ's within 2 hours of DC
Chambersburg, PA
http://www.skydivingcenter.net/
Aircraft: King Air
Orange, VA
http://www.skydiveorange.com/
Aircraft: Twin Otter
Laurel, DE
http://www.skydivedelmarva.com/
Aircraft: Twin Otter
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers

I would point you towards going to Skydive Orange's DZ personally. Depending on where you're located at in the area, it may or may not be the closest one out of the other options but I would recommend it. It would also allow you and your friend to stop off and see the USPA headquarters and where the museum is to be built if you are so inclined.

Here is a list of DZ's from the USPA website for the area in question: USPA DZ locator, Virginia
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Hartwood Paracenter....its about an hour south of the District. Thats where I started 22 years ago. (Now Im starting all over at The Farm).
Orange isnt a bad drive, but Chambersburg is a bit of a drive from D.C.
PHinz up!!! We are the people our parents warned us about!!

Cant go wrong with any of the 3 decompression mentioned. I haven't jumped at Orange yet, but hit C-burg last wknd and going to Delmarva this wknd. They're all about 2 hrs, so no real difference with time. This time of year you won't have an issue with beach traffic over the bay bridge going to delmarva. Summer is a different story.

I agree, all the dropzones mentioned in the thread are great places in their own ways. The nice thing about living in DC is that there are so many dropzones within 2-3 hours. The bad thing is that they're all 2-3 hours away ;)

I just wanted to give my biased opinion of Skydive Delmarva (biased because it's my home dropzone and I instruct there). We have free RW organizing/coaching and plenty of free fliers and wingsuiters to jump with, incredible views of the ocean and Chesapeake Bay from altitude, wide open landing area with plenty of outs, a bonfire every Saturday night and we're close to the beaches.

All that said, you can't go wrong with Orange, Skydive the Point, or Chambersburg. I would also add Maytown to the list -- a very cool 182 dropzone with very experienced CRW guys. Also Cross Keys isn't too far of a drive and is another great place to jump.