DrizZ

Where to jump near DC (summer intern)?

Hey all,

I'll be interning in DC this summer. I'll be fairly reliant on metro I believe, so any suggestions on where to jump or how to get there?

I'm a B-Licensed jumper in town from June - August. I'd be glad to meet some other skydivers in the area so I don't just get those 'this guy must be nuts' looks from wuffo's all summer.

Hey all,

I'll be interning in DC this summer. I'll be fairly reliant on metro I believe, so any suggestions on where to jump or how to get there?

I'm a B-Licensed jumper in town from June - August. I'd be glad to meet some other skydivers in the area so I don't just get those 'this guy must be nuts' looks from wuffo's all summer.

You have a few options:

1) Skydive Orange
2) Skydive West Point
3) Skydive DelMarVa
4) Skydive Chambersburg

None of which are metro accessible. However, a large number of jumpers from each DZ live in DC and usually don't have a problem bringing another with them - providing you chip in.

/I'm partial to Orange, since it's my home DZ, but you really can't go wrong at any DZ.

so I don't just get those 'this guy must be nuts' looks from wuffo's all summer.

As opposed to the usual "this guy must be nuts" looks you get at the DZ that you get now? :P Just kidding. Sorry to see the glue for the ERAU team shipping out for the summer.
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

I'm just a little outside of DC and go to Chambersburg and Delmarva depending on the weekend. Feel free to shoot me a note about catching a ride.

Once I finish up my A I'll be adding The Point and Orange to the list, but for now I'm sticking with those 2 DZ's.

Hey all,

I'm here living in Hyattsvile. I don't have a car, but anyone willing to give me a ride in exchange for ass grass or cash (read: gas money), I'd be grateful! I can metro out to anywhere that works and will be available any weekends so far. I need to jump!!

If you're on facebook, you should join the Skydive Orange group (not the club site)- there are a ton of people on there that can probably give you a ride.

Also, a big group does happy hours almost every week. That group can be accessed through there as well I believe.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_2341034978&ref=tsl

Hey guys,

Thanks for the suggestion of Orange. It’s my new favorite DZ. I had a blast all weekend and am looking forward to more of the same this weekend. I’m Dave on FB, so I’m in the groups and looking forward to catching a happy hour in the near future.

See you guys out there!