MX304

Any dropzones near Chantilly VA

Come visit Orange. We have a robust student program, excellent gear and a Super Twin Otter to jump out of. From Chantilly, Orange is probably closer to 1:30: I-66 W to I-15 South to VA 20 East. We are getting ready to build a new dedicated skydiving hangar.
Charlie Gittins, 540-327-2208
AFF-I, Sigma TI, IAD-I
MEI, CFI-I, Senior Rigger
Former DZO, Blue Ridge Skydiving Adventures

Come visit Orange. We have a robust student program, excellent gear and a Super Twin Otter to jump out of. From Chantilly, Orange is probably closer to 1:30: I-66 W to I-15 South to VA 20 East. We are getting ready to build a new dedicated skydiving hangar.

Thanks. I'll definitely drop by if I end up that way.

From Chantilly, Chambersburg should only be about 1.5 hours. It was under two for me from Manassas.
You can have a lot of fun skydiving without ever making a hook turn, swooping, or flying a tiny highly loaded canopy. - 377
No, no; without good grammar, skydiving is meaningless - Andy908

From Chantilly, Chambersburg should only be about 1.5 hours. It was under two for me from Manassas.

Right. And probably the most "convenient", at least in direct highway available travel to/from considerations may go. From Chantilly, pretty much basically:

15N to
70W to
81N to ...Chambersburg!

As others have also already said too - any of the 3 already mentioned - C.Burg, Orange, or West Point would be fine choices, and each offers full-time turbine aircraft, and their own unique (and WELCOMING in all cases) positive "vibes".

You may no longer be only just 15-minutes away from ONE available dropzone, but you will be now "trading in" (and maybe up? ;)) to THREE (plus even another, if you want to also add/consider/include Delmarva - which is across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge on the "Eastern Shore"), all excellent dropzones you have option too now, instead. - B|

Welcome to the East Coast / Mid-Atlantic!
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Thanks guys! I am actually hoping this move doesn't happen, but I may have no choice. I think it's going to be quite a culture shock living that close to DC when I have lived in TX all my life. I don't think a lot of my views will fit in too well....