mac2501

Z-Hills or Deland ?

Hi Guys, looking for some advice I'm looking to fly to the states next week and can't make up my mind between Deland or Z-Hills, i have been to Deland a few times and have enjoyed myself but I'm taking a few mates on this trip to do an AFF course so I'm looking at the best option also which is close to the theme parks and close to cheap accommodation

many thanks Mac

Deland is closer to the theme parks (why people go to those places is totally beyond me though :P).
Both locations have awesome staff and good AFF instruction, all amenities needed on site, and local to very affordable accommodations. Z-Hills has showers so camping or rv'ing is more comfortable. Also rental campers although they are usually booked well in advance. Doesn't hurt to call. Take into consideration the airport you fly in and out of as well. For Deland, Sanford or Orlando are your airports and Z-Hills is Tampa.

Both are awesome dropzones, have a fun trip!

What Normiss said. I'll add that at Deland there aren't RV rentals on the dz but there are skydivers who own bunk houses nearby with affordable rates.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I've used the one in that bathroom and I've also used the one in the bathroom on the other side of the building by the restaurant. It's just a shower, I'm not that prissy! :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm not that prissy! :ph34r:

Oh yeah....Ms "I'll go camping when I can figure out how to get the fridge, the dishwasher and my makeup table into the 5-star cottage."
:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I've used the one in that bathroom and I've also used the one in the bathroom on the other side of the building by the restaurant. It's just a shower, I'm not that prissy! :ph34r:

There are 3 for the guys anyway. The ones by the tent at the side gate entrance, the one skymama mentioned by the restaurant and one in the mens room.

I don't think any one of them is unsanitary as they do a pretty good job of keeping them clean. I would wear shower shoes in any public shower anyway:S
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

Which of these is more newbie friendly? I am taking a tunnel trip to FL in may and would like to do some jumps after the tunnel but I've heard no one wants to jump with newbies!

I can't comment on Deland because I've only been there for a canopy course (and thus wasn't looking for anyone to jump with), but ZHills has organizers who will put together jumps for all skill levels. All you need to do there is look for someone with an organizer t-shirt or ask at manifest - there may be several organizers working with folks of different skill/experience levels, but they're great about finding you a group that fits. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Which of these is more newbie friendly? I am taking a tunnel trip to FL in may and would like to do some jumps after the tunnel but I've heard no one wants to jump with newbies!

I can't comment on Deland because I've only been there for a canopy course (and thus wasn't looking for anyone to jump with), but ZHills has organizers who will put together jumps for all skill levels. All you need to do there is look for someone with an organizer t-shirt or ask at manifest - there may be several organizers working with folks of different skill/experience levels, but they're great about finding you a group that fits. B|

+1

There are always 2-3 organizers out on the weekends, small to large groups, and they work together very well.

I'm always up for a jump with a newbie too, if I'm there!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Look me up when you get to Z-Hills or drop me an e-mail ahead of time (my e-mail address is in my profile). I will make sure you get on some organized loads. There are usually 3 or more of us taking all diffferent experience levels. Unfortunately you might be forced to jump with me :o
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

For fun, I'd go to Zhills. They have organizers all the time for just about any experience level.

If I was looking to bang out a bunch of jumps or team training, I'd go to DeLand.

Both have good student programs.

Fun: Zhills
Training: DeLand
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334