loopyF

Best and cheapest place to do AFF in the USA?

Hi guys, I'm new here and just looking for some info on doing an AFF course in the States. I'll be travelling there this summer so I'd like to do the course reasonably quickly and cheaply (no cut corners tho of course!) I'll be on the East and West coasts mainly, not much time in the middle bits!

So what do you guys recommend? Thank you for any tips!

I'll echo what a few have already said here-- Find a place that is too good to be true price-wise, then it usually is. Cheap jump tickets, cheap tandems, cheap AFF? You're probably going to get what you pay for (not all the time, bust most of the time).... and you might get it in ways that you won't see on the surface. So, just keep that in mind.

Do some research and go to a place that you feel good with. Decide what's within your price range, what's a convenient location, and what place you think you'd click with for your summer travels. There's definitely a ton of good DZ's out there, so I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding something that is right for you. Good luck! B|
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

I'll throw another one out there. Startskydiving.com in the Dayton/Cincinnati area has a great vibe, great instructors, lots of coaches and fun jumpers who will pick up a solo student for some RW. I got my coach and TI ratings there, so take it for what it's worth.

They offer a zero to A-license package for $2500. The AFF only package is around $1500.

I jumped The Farm and have nothing bad to say about them. Actually, I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Good luck to the OP.

Why? All you, a relatively new jumper (with all due respect) have provided, is a link to a place which presumably worked out for you. Are you qualified to rate this place as compared to the hundreds of other DZs out there? I'd think the OP would be best served by something other than a mere commercial.

Well Ed taught me also and I would recommend his program to anyone that asks about it.

And yes, I too believe I am qualified B|

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked