Thedivingdog

3:10 to Eloy - Is my math off?

So I live in Arizona and am looking forward to Eloy's easter boogie. They are advertising a a coaching special: 10 minutes tunnel time, plus 3 coach jumps for $310, not including lift tickets.
http://www.skydiveaz.com/events/11_easter_boogie.aspx
I figured it was a good deal, but then I did the math. So correct me if I'm wrong here, but normally 15 minutes tunnel time is almost $240, so ten minutes is $160. 3 coach jumps @ $40 is $120. Together that makes $280. When you add 3 lift tickets for you plus three for your coach, you come to another $144. So all together for ten minutes tunnel time, plus 3 coach jumps plus all lift tickets equals $424.
The special advertises tunnel time plus coaching for $310, plus 6 lift tickets at $20 which comes to $430.
So am I totally wrong, or is this so called special a load of crap??

Tunnel time in Eloy is based on $950/hour when booked directly with a Skyventure coach. http://www.skyventureaz.com/Staff/Default.aspx
Prices are slightly higher when booking through Airspeed, Arsenal, etc.

Alternatively, you can book directly with Skyventure at their posted rates (see link) The rate then fluctuates and becomes a better deal at the 30 minute mark

30 min coached = $455 = $15.17/min 60 Min coached = $890 = $14.83/min
http://www.skyventureaz.com/Experienced/Rates.aspx warning: turn your volume down >:(

I hear that the coaches are paid way less if you book through the tunnel and not directly with them.:(

Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

from what I can tell you probably save $34.

The deal is $310 + ($20*6) = $430

From what I can tell 10 min of coached tunnel time according to the tunnel website is $200.
Depending where you look a coach jump is $40 + 2*$24= $88 per coach jump
So the total there would be $464.

Now if they are talking about their student (as in non-A license coach jumps) They quote $144 per coach jump on their web site. Then the total would end up being $632.

But either way, yes you are saving money. They are not ripping you off.

From what I can tell 10 min of coached tunnel time according to the tunnel website is $200

I don't see where the special says anything about coached tunnel time. Doesn't it just say "3 coach jumps: 10 min. tunnel time"?
Owned by Remi #?

Tunnel time in Eloy is based on $950/hour when booked directly with a Skyventure coach.

Prices are slightly higher when booking through Airspeed, Arsenal, etc.

This is true for Airspeed not Arsenal, Arsenal are still charging $950/hr.

According to their webpage $950/hr but just last week a friend paid $170/ 10 mins for coaching with Jason Peters.
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)