Skootz

Lost Prairie Boogie 2011 - July 23rd - August 1st

You forgot the SQUIRRELS!

That's not Lost Prairie specific. You guys do that everywhere! :D:P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I was apprehensive about the changes and politics, but felt it was handled well, and thought the new camping area was great. Wayndo worked hard to get things in shape at the new location. I heard very little negativity about the changes. Fred was around and active in the boogie. We will be back, as will most of the Fort Washington crowd that camped with us.
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

As a first-timer, I was so impressed with this boogie--it exceeded my expectations and my fears were eased (someone who'd been there in the past warned me I might be involuntarily divested of my clothing). After jumping with Mad John all week, I would follow him anywhere. Maybe even to Nicaragua! And most amazing of all was the chance to be coached by Arizona Arsenal. Plus, it became clear at last why they are named Arsenal, when I saw Curtis trudge out to the landing area with a small rifle and shoot a prairie dog. I will most certainly be back next year and for years to come.

LP sucked this year...

THREE, yes, THREE women beat me at poker...:S

How humiliating.:P

That's excusable if they did it on topless Tuesday or corset night.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

You forgot the SQUIRRELS!

How can we forget those squirrels. They were huge and so damn many of them.B|

I have to give Meadow Peak Skydiving some props. A lot of effort was made to keep the traditions intact, while also offering what jumpers expect as part of a boogie. The t-shirt, Saturday dinner, free beer were appreciated. The availability of internet was a plus. The on site medics were great when we had two hard landings, enabling a quick response. Having the usual MadJohn RW organizing is an LP tradition, and having Arsenal there providing coaching/organizing was a huge hit. The school and boogie staff seamed to work well together to make sure the needs of the students and up jumpers were met without sacrificing one over the other. There was a skydiver that went beyond what is considered acceptable behavior(even for boogie standards). He was told to leave and not come back. It feels like MPS wants to create a playground for all of us disfunctional skydivers, but not let it get out of hand. I think they have succeeded.

Other than the loss of the LP Lounge, which was not caused by the change in who was operating the boogie, I can see no negatives in the new location. The fact that the event is on private land means the problem of the locals causing havoc did not happen. The Cracks being able to sing without the usual drunk local screaming "show us yer tits" was a first, and a wonderful change. I look forward to the future and expect a bigger attendance as more folks learn of the LP experience. More creature comforts should be completed by next year and should make the LP that much of a better boogie.

Just hope I get the same RV slot. It was perfect.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

there was a skydiver that went beyond what is considered acceptable behavior(even for boogie standards). He was told to leave and not come back.

So someone has set the bar high for my return next year.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

and there was Naked Rock, or Rocks. It got crowded but there will be room for you next year. Just no groping women against their will and ignoring the DZO and you'll be safe

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

I have been back for a few days and I already miss Lost Prairie … being “high” from hypoxia … the “holly shit” fast landings … chilling at the lake … Doc’s yummy dinners … making new friends for life … the incredibly “big (night) sky” I haven’t ever seen before; I even miss the tent and the Prairie dust that got everywhere :$ ...

None of my silly “city girl” fears came true and everyone made sure to give me loads of crap about it. I wasn’t cold at night, the bears didn’t eat me and I didn’t miss the “comforts of civilized world” one bit; actually, not having cell phone coverage and Internet access for the entire week was a welcomed break from the shackles of technology.

There is just one thing I wish I didn’t have among my memories of Lost Prairie – witnessing someone “go in” for the first time [:/][:/][:/] ...

While on the cross-country sunset jump, taking in the majestic views and reflecting on the experiences I’ve had all week, I made the decision that I will never miss the yearly Lost Prairie boogie going forward. See you all next year … or sooner (at drop zone around the country).

Oh … and next year I won’t miss jumping with Mad John … well, I’ll probably end up doing that in Nicaragua in the Spring :)
O

I have been back for a few days and I already miss Lost Prairie … being “high” from hypoxia … the “holly shit” fast landings … chilling at the lake … Doc’s yummy dinners … making new friends for life … the incredibly “big (night) sky” I haven’t ever seen before; I even miss the tent and the Prairie dust that got everywhere :$ ...

None of my silly “city girl” fears came true and everyone made sure to give me loads of crap about it. I wasn’t cold at night with k-dub in my tent , the bears didn’t eat me and I didn’t miss the “comforts of civilized world” one bit; actually, not having cell phone coverage and Internet access for the entire week was a welcomed break from the shackles of technology.

There is just one thing I wish I didn’t have among my memories of Lost Prairie – witnessing someone “go in” for the first time [:/][:/][:/] ...

While on the cross-country sunset jump, taking in the majestic views and reflecting on the experiences I’ve had all week, I made the decision that I will never miss the yearly Lost Prairie boogie going forward. See you all next year … or sooner (at drop zone around the country).

Oh … and next year I won’t miss jumping with Mad John … well, I’ll probably end up doing that in Nicaragua in the Spring :)
O

FIFY ;)
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

...still dumb after all the flying but wow! it´s was worth it...
Thank you Wayndo, Mad John, Donovan, Garfield, and everyone else...the list is so long...it took me 60 hours to get there and likewise back...got back yesterday morning and then straight to work...

I´LL BE DOING IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR!

It was A W E S O M E!!!

Happy Landings! Rafael