Skootz

Lost Prairie Boogie 2011 - July 23rd - August 1st

OK, so moving back east has left me waaayyyy out of the loop. What's going on at LP?

Larry

It would take WAY too long to type out. Just show up.B|

And keep an open mind. You're gonna need it.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Im always late to this thread damn it.

I had a long conversation with Wayndo the other night. All of the changes that are being made are in the spirit of making the Boogie better and more attractive for people to come.

As Tall Guy said ;) there will be plenty of WARM beer.....The weather will SUCK.....and there WILL be to many damn Canadians!!

The boggie has been slowing down for quite a few years. Something has to change in order for it to grow and that is what is happening.

There are lots of cool ideas in the works for the next few years of LP and soon we will be having more planes, more people and more boobies!!!

I of course plan to come along with my wife and our second son who should be about two weeks old. If he comes late…..he will just have to be born at Lost Prairie.

Airtime1
Amazon
Big Sky
Bob Moore
Dr. Dive
Grannyinthesky
Grimmie
Happychick
Kdub
Ladydyver
Lucky
Markus (Little Spoon)
monkycndo
NDFallrate
NWFlyer
Olympia
Sheepfucker
Shell666
Skootz
Tall Guy

“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

Doc...I emailed Wayndo the other day asking him my list of questions. Below is his reply.

Let me try and answer your questions. 1st. the whole bar situation is still up in the air and I can't really predict the outcome yet. I do have solutions in place that will allow for socializing and consumption of alcoholic beverages. The boogie operation will be conducted on the landing field. The plan is to have a new manifest building in place, a designated packing area, shower facilities (maybe temporary shower trailers used by firefighting crews for this year if I can't get new ones done in time), designated camping area so people can land close to tents and trailers, electrical hookups for trailers and RV's should be in place and all this will be accessed from Lost Prairie Rd before you get to the turn at the mailboxes. I am currently working on a full time website that will have information on it as it develops and will have a Google picture with designations showing where things will be stationed on the property. The new website should be up and running by mid April. People will be able to get information before that by facebooking "Meadow Peak Skydiving" and asking questions or commenting.

WOAH, WOAH WOAH, slow down there Hooker! The bar situation is up in the air? Spill it! Details now!
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

The boogie operation will be conducted on the landing field. The plan is to have a new manifest building in place, a designated packing area, shower facilities (maybe temporary shower trailers used by firefighting crews for this year if I can't get new ones done in time), designated camping area so people can land close to tents and trailers.

I'm sure Pete Hill will be glad to hear this. He must have been getting lonely out there. ;)

I'm still wondering how many babies show up 9 months after LP ;)

I'm assuming you are talking about unplanned ones? If so, you'd probably have to ask one of the non-skydiving locals.

The rest of us have been thoroughly trained on our life saving procedures.:ph34r:

I'm still wondering how many babies show up 9 months after LP ;)

I'm assuming you are talking about unplanned ones? If so, you'd probably have to ask one of the non-skydiving locals.

The rest of us have been thoroughly trained on our life saving procedures.:ph34r:

"This one done come out born with all their limbs."

"You were with one of dem dere skyplane jumpers!!!"

Must be different locals than I've met. The ones I've met were just asking me to put on pants. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

We are looking for changes this year. First of all, the manifest, camping, packing, showers, etc. will all be in the landing field. I will be in charge of running the boogie this year and Fred will be taking care of the students and tandems. I am working on getting a website together that will have a boogie page on it and will have a google picture of the prairie and where things will be situated. The whole bar issue is up in the air right now but there are options to make sure we have our free boogie beer and we will have a place to toss down beverages and jello shots. The biggest advantage we have is being able to keep townies away from our festivities this year no matter where and how we do things. I am committed to resolving that problem. As soon as the website is up and running I will let everyone know. If any of you have specific questions you need answered, contact me at [email protected]. There is alot planned for this year and I can hardly wait to share it with everyone. Thanks for your patience!!

Opening the LP lounge should be priority #1 Wayndo. But you already know that.:S

Not denying Fred his ability to earn a living in that valley should be priority #1.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Not denying Fred his ability to earn a living in that valley should be priority #1.

Was planning on attending but I guess I need to make a few phone calls to see what the RIGHT THING TO DO is I have to admit I'd hate to miss my annual family reunion[:/]
John Fosgate
"In the end, its always best to choose the hard right over the easy wrong." LouDiamond
MB 4310
www.N3Racing.com

Did you guys read Wayndos post??? Fred will be doing the school...aka....the making money part.

How will not coming help Fred in any way? This would be like cutting off your nose to spite your face. If LP dies Fred definitely won't make any money.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

Did you guys read Wayndos post??? Fred will be doing the school...aka....the making money part.

We're taking half or more of your annual income away from you, but here's a dog biscuit.

You don't think Fred put on a boogie every year so he could make money off tandems, do you? And I know you don't think he put on a boogie every year out of the goodness of his heart.

Nor is anybody else putting on a boogie there out of the goodness of their hearts. It's all about making money. And it appears to some of us that the person most responsible for making LP an awesome boogie has been the victim of a hostile takeover.

If LP dies Fred definitely won't make any money.

That's not the only beautiful valley in Montana. Skydive Arizona is not the only company that leases aircraft. If Fred decided to move elsewhere and put on a competing boogie, I know many people would follow him.

For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people. And some of us people who love the dropzone at LP can't stomach the thought of a person who has put most of their life into putting on an awesome boogie for us being jacked out of it because someone with more money thinks things should be done differently.

And please, don't anybody take my posts on this subject as a reason to not go to LP for the first time. It's an amazingly beautiful place and you'll meet, skydive and drink with some awesome people. I'd hate for anybody to miss out on that experience.

Folks! Before we go off half cocked (and yes, I'm in that group too!) let's look at what we know. And in case you're confused about what we REALLY know about the boogie, reread TallGuy's post - it sums it up pretty well!

The boogie is going ahead - YAY!

Are there changes in store? Yes. - Boo? Maybe? Who knows.

Yes there are rumours running rampant out there. Do we like what we hear? No. Are these rumours founded or unfounded? Probably a little of both.

This will be my 21st boogie in a row. And EVERY year there are changes.

Can you IMAGINE what the original Osprey jumpers thought when their boogie was being moved from Kalispell to some valley in the middle of nowhere?

I've camped in six different areas on that DZ. One of the first is now occupied by Larry's hangar. Were we mad when our camping area got taken over? Yep! Did we come back and find another spot? Yep!

Remember when the regular landing area was a no landing area and moved down the valley? Did you like that? Nope! Did you come and jump anyway? Yep!

Remember last year when the landing area was put back where it belonged? Yep! Did you like that? Yep!

After 21 years, I LOVE that valley, I LOVE the people that are there and for me, that's the MOST important part. The people.

Let's be adults about this reserve judgment until we see things for ourselves. Over the years, there have been a LOT of people putting their heart and soul into making this boogie what it is - 44 years strong!!! Thank you.

I guess all I'm saying is while it would be nice to have some more "substantial" info on what's going on (and hopefully that is forthcoming), I'm going to LP to see for myself. And to see ALL you people that I love (and some of you that I just tolerate)!

In case you missed it, here's the list! Skybytch, I took the liberty of adding you and Keith. :)
Airtime1
Amazon
Big Sky
Bob Moore
Dr. Dive
Grannyinthesky
Grimmie
Happychick
Kdub
Ladydyver
Lucky
Markus (Little Spoon)
monkycndo
NDFallrate
NWFlyer
Olympia
Sheepfucker
Shell666
Skootz
Skybytch and Keith
Tall Guy

'Shell

Was planning on attending but I guess I need to make a few phone calls to see what the RIGHT THING TO DO is I have to admit I'd hate to miss my annual family reunion[:/]

You should still plan on going, Johnny Fozz. I hear Glacier National Park is beautiful in the summertime.

You should still plan on going, Johnny Fozz. I hear Glacier National Park is beautiful in the summertime.

MacGregor Lake has some VERY nice Lake trout. a few years ago I caught a couple nice little ones that I caught and released I was after the 22 pounders.. not 22inchers. I may have to make a more concerted effort this year.. I know my doiwnriggers can get down to 280 ft were I was marking them before.

Skybytch, I took the liberty of adding you and Keith.

Asterisk those. We aren't for sure yet. But thanks for tolerating us! :ph34r:

If we do make it up there, we found an ice rink in Whitefish. Taking over their public skate session one evening might be a good time.

Skybytch, I took the liberty of adding you and Keith.

Asterisk those. We aren't for sure yet. But thanks for tolerating us! :ph34r:

If we do make it up there, we found an ice rink in Whitefish. Taking over their public skate session one evening might be a good time.

You better be there!!

There's also a zipline in Whitefish. THAT could be fun! B|B|
'Shell