Skootz

Lost Prairie Boogie 2011 - July 23rd - August 1st

The weather is terrible, the skydives suck, the beer is warm and there's too many damn Canadians!

The Jumpmeet for 2011 is scheduled to officially start July 23rd and runs through August 1st.

Keep an eye on http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=179595392050909 http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=54792876016 and http://www.facebook.com/pages/Meadow-Peak-Skydiving/157204727667449 for updates as they are confirmed.

The weather is terrible, the skydives suck, the beer is warm and there's too many damn Canadians!

The Jumpmeet for 2011 is scheduled to officially start July 23rd and runs through August 1st.

Keep an eye on http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=179595392050909 http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=54792876016 and http://www.facebook.com/pages/Meadow-Peak-Skydiving/157204727667449 for updates as they are confirmed.

Skootzie...so disappointed....where in the hell is the list?????

here we go!

Dr. Dive
Kdub
Ladydyver
Lucky
Markus (Little Spoon)
Sheepfucker
Skootz

;););)

Let the games begin. BTW all, the hookers will be there for initiations! :o:o:o
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

How the Frick did I forget the list?!?! Seriously.....I think I need a doctor. :S

I just called Pete Hill - he is coming over for a house call:(;)
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Bob Moore
Dr. Dive
Kdub
Ladydyver
Lucky
Markus (Little Spoon)
Sheepfucker
Shell666
Skootz

Shell666 god bless you...we all know I would make a terrible manifest wench...good at being a pirate hooker but not so good at being organized!

Bobmoore.....sweet!!!!! Can't wait to see you again. I am finding I miss my belize family which is my LP family as well.....mmmmm I am not sure how I will survive the next 4 months other than watching endless amounts of bad video :D:D:D:D:D
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Don't think I'll be making it this year.:(

But I will be there in spirit at the Boogie in Batchelor. Same dates as LP. Takes place in a remote area of northern australia.

I've heard stories of this boogie ever since I arrived in Australia. have a look at this thread and check out the pics :)http://www.skysurfer.com.au/forums/topic/7288-rel-week-2011/

I promise I will take the spirit of LP and I will find a rock and Proclaim it the Naked rock.

Maybe I should get a copy of some of the song books as well.

I left my SKYVAN license plate in the bar at LP last year.(should have left a VADER plate as well)I expect to see it in some picture with some Boobies :)

Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Don't think I'll be making it this year.:(

But I will be there in spirit at the Boogie in Batchelor. Same dates as LP. Takes place in a remote area of northern australia.

I've heard stories of this boogie ever since I arrived in Australia. have a look at this thread and check out the pics :)http://www.skysurfer.com.au/forums/topic/7288-rel-week-2011/

I promise I will take the spirit of LP and I will find a rock and Proclaim it the Naked rock.

Maybe I should get a copy of some of the song books as well.

I left my SKYVAN license plate in the bar at LP last year.(should have left a VADER plate as well)I expect to see it in some picture with some Boobies :)

What no BOOBIES plate? :P That would be awesome to take on a corset jump! B|
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

How the Frick did I forget the list?!?! Seriously.....I think I need a doctor. :S

I just called Pete Hill - he is coming over for a house call:(;)

Well since Pete Hill actually gave me a nice public compliment the other day I'd feel bad taking a shot at him.....but if he hadn't I would say something like...I should correct my statement, I need a REAL doctor. :D

Amazon
Bob Moore
Dr. Dive
Kdub
Ladydyver
Lucky
Markus (Little Spoon)
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Sheepfucker
Shell666
Skootz
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

My flight is booked. As always I'll be there for the duration. Envy me.

This goes 180 degrees against everything I've preached in the past but I just can't perpetuate the lie anymore. I'm only a short timer, as this will only be my 8th consecutive year at this event. I strongly suspect I'll be flogged by my elders for this breach in protocol. But the truth must be known!

Jumpmeet at Skydive Lost Prairie is..... AMAZING!!!

First let me dispel the myths relating to the statements so often repeated by the regular attendees of this boogie.

1) The weather is terrible.
Weather is weather.. Sometimes it's good, and sometimes... not so much. But I can't think of a year when it wasn't jumpable for AT LEAST 3/4 of the time. Big open blue skies are the norm. Yeah it gets hot sometimes. It's the end of July! The good news is that there is one of the most amazing lakes nearby, where you can almost always find at least skydiver or two playing and relaxing. Uh oh I think I feel a bead of sweat on my forehead. Time to go to the lake.

2) The beer is warm.
If you experience this, it's because you took too long to drink it! It is cheap though.

3) The skydives suck.
What is this thing you call a sucky skydive? Jumpmeet is an event that draws a lot of people from all over the world. Many are from small northern dropzones that don't have adjacent wind tunnels, or get to jump year round out of turbine aircraft that go up 20 times a day. So yeah, if you are the sky god of your DZ and you fall in with such a group, you might not feel they meet up with your high standard. In which case, you should bring a group of your sky god friends with you so you can show the rest of us how it is done. That said, there are several small groups of very competent skydivers at Lost Prairie. There are organizers (both official and unofficial) for different levels and different disciplines. It shouldn't be too difficult to get in plenty of jumps that don't suck. If you come with the right attitude you may get in some of the best skydiving you've ever had.

4) Too many f*cking Canadians
Trust me. They are much more fun than the celibate ones.

These statements are a shameless ploy that regular attendees use to talk the masses out a coming so they can have more of the sun, beer, slots, and lusty Canadians all to themselves. Don't stand for it. You have as much of a right to enjoy the above perks as they do.

Now here is the real secret that the miserable bastards that have been trying to keep you away from Lost Prairie don't want you to know.

It's not about the skydiving.

Sure, if you are eager to jump your ass off, and have set a goal to get in more jumps at Lost Prairie than Mad John, you should have plenty of opportunity to do so. But the things that keeps most people coming back are on the peripheral.

First there is the beauty. There is little in this world that is more beautiful than when you arrive through the pass into the vast green valley and see the log cabin style buildings and runway surrounded by mountains in every direction. Sunsets are spectacular, and the stars in the night sky are brighter than they have any right to be.

Then there is the aspect I like to call, summer camp for skydivers. I've already mentioned playing at the lake. But there are other activities such day hikes in Glacier National Park, a convoy trip up to the fire tower, and a night where all the skydiving men get together to sing wonderfully raunchy songs to the women afterwhich the women return the favor on the following night. Finally, let's not forget arts and crafts! OK that might not be something you should count on (unless you are visiting our group at Camp Byranada).

The most common response when asked what is so great about Lost Prairie is, "The People". But what is it that makes people at Lost Prairie better that the people at other boogies? The answer is, nothing. Chances are, if you are a skydiver you are going to love skydivers. It's not a far stretch when you consider that it takes a special kind of person to engage in such an activity. It's only reasonable to assume that such people would relate well. The difference in Lost Prairie is the relaxed atmosphere in which we meet. If you've been to other huge boogies before you probably engaged in lots of interactions with tons of really cool people. But in Lost Prairie I've found a different level of intimacy that I haven't experienced at other skydiving events. Much of this is due to time. Jumpmeet is a long event. There is no need to bounce between people to get in face time with everyone. You can relax and take time to really get to know someone and develop a real connection. Beyond that it's a place of acceptance. People want to know you, unless of course, you are a total douchebag. Actually forget what I said earlier. The people at Jumpmeet are better than people at other boogies.

Now I'm not saying Lost Prairie is for you but you really owe it to yourself to find out. Don't let the good times hoarders talk you out of it. Come get yours!

I prefer to be on the bottom. (I'm just lazy like that)

Amazon
Bob Moore
Dr. Dive
Grannyinthesky
Kdub
Ladydyver
Lucky
Markus (Little Spoon)
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Sheepfucker
Shell666
Skootz
Tall Guy

There's no place to sleep other than a tent, right? Or, am I mistaken?

I will be in a nice big comfy motorhome... with all the usual amenities for camping... like a nice hot shower at the end of the day... air conditioning if it gets hot.. and a wide screen HD to watch my HD videos of the day on.:)

There's no place to sleep other than a tent, right? Or, am I mistaken?

You just need to bring an external heat source and it's nice and cozy.

No, you can't borrow mine. He's already spoken for. :P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

My flight is booked. As always I'll be there for the duration. Envy me.

This goes 180 degrees against everything I've preached in the past but I just can't perpetuate the lie anymore. I'm only a short timer, as this will only be my 8th consecutive year at this event. I strongly suspect I'll be flogged by my elders for this breach in protocol. But the truth must be known!

Jumpmeet at Skydive Lost Prairie is..... AMAZING!!!

First let me dispel the myths relating to the statements so often repeated by the regular attendees of this boogie.

1) The weather is terrible.
Weather is weather.. Sometimes it's good, and sometimes... not so much. But I can't think of a year when it wasn't jumpable for AT LEAST 3/4 of the time. Big open blue skies are the norm. Yeah it gets hot sometimes. It's the end of July! The good news is that there is one of the most amazing lakes nearby, where you can almost always find at least skydiver or two playing and relaxing. Uh oh I think I feel a bead of sweat on my forehead. Time to go to the lake.

2) The beer is warm.
If you experience this, it's because you took too long to drink it! It is cheap though.

3) The skydives suck.
What is this thing you call a sucky skydive? Jumpmeet is an event that draws a lot of people from all over the world. Many are from small northern dropzones that don't have adjacent wind tunnels, or get to jump year round out of turbine aircraft that go up 20 times a day. So yeah, if you are the sky god of your DZ and you fall in with such a group, you might not feel they meet up with your high standard. In which case, you should bring a group of your sky god friends with you so you can show the rest of us how it is done. That said, there are several small groups of very competent skydivers at Lost Prairie. There are organizers (both official and unofficial) for different levels and different disciplines. It shouldn't be too difficult to get in plenty of jumps that don't suck. If you come with the right attitude you may get in some of the best skydiving you've ever had.

Trust me. They are much more fun than the celibate ones.

These statements are a shameless ploy that regular attendees use to talk the masses out a coming so they can have more of the sun, beer, slots, and lusty Canadians all to themselves. Don't stand for it. You have as much of a right to enjoy the above perks as they do.

Now here is the real secret that the miserable bastards that have been trying to keep you away from Lost Prairie don't want you to know.

It's not about the skydiving.

Sure, if you are eager to jump your ass off, and have set a goal to get in more jumps at Lost Prairie than Mad John, you should have plenty of opportunity to do so. But the things that keeps most people coming back are on the peripheral.

First there is the beauty. There is little in this world that is more beautiful than when you arrive through the pass into the vast green valley and see the log cabin style buildings and runway surrounded by mountains in every direction. Sunsets are spectacular, and the stars in the night sky are brighter than they have any right to be.

Then there is the aspect I like to call, summer camp for skydivers. I've already mentioned playing at the lake. But there are other activities such day hikes in Glacier National Park, a convoy trip up to the fire tower, and a night where all the skydiving men get together to sing wonderfully raunchy songs to the women afterwhich the women return the favor on the following night. Finally, let's not forget arts and crafts! OK that might not be something you should count on (unless you are visiting our group at Camp Byranada).

The most common response when asked what is so great about Lost Prairie is, "The People". But what is it that makes people at Lost Prairie better that the people at other boogies? The answer is, nothing. Chances are, if you are a skydiver you are going to love skydivers. It's not a far stretch when you consider that it takes a special kind of person to engage in such an activity. It's only reasonable to assume that such people would relate well. The difference in Lost Prairie is the relaxed atmosphere in which we meet. If you've been to other huge boogies before you probably met engaged in lots of interactions with lots of really cool people. But in Lost Prairie I've found a different level of intimacy that I haven't experienced at other skydiving events. Much of this is due the to time. Jumpmeet is a long event. There is no need to bounce between people to get in face time with everyone. You can relax and take time to really get to know someone and develop a real connection. Beyond that it's a place of acceptance. People want to know you, unless of course, you are a total douchebag. Actually forget what I said earlier. The people at Jumpmeet are better than people at other boogies.

Now I'm not saying Lost Prairie is for you but you really owe it to yourself to find out. Don't let the good times hoarders talk you out of it. Come get yours!

I prefer to be on the bottom. (I'm just lazy like that)

Amazon
Bob Moore
Dr. Dive
Grannyinthesky
Kdub
Ladydyver
Lucky
Markus (Little Spoon)
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Sheepfucker
Shell666
Skootz
Tall Guy

I think I just got a little teary eyed...:P

You just need to bring an external heat source and it's nice and cozy.

I wasn't worried about the cool nights (although now I'm wondering if it's like my FL winter!), it's more the problems I have with my neck and sleeping on an air mattress. I have enough problems moving after sleeping on my tempurpedic bed!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Trust me. They are much more fun than the celibate ones. ;) Well duh!

Amazon
Bob Moore
Dr. Dive
Grannyinthesky
Happychick
Kdub
Ladydyver
Lucky
Markus (Little Spoon)
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Sheepfucker
Shell666
Skootz
Tall Guy

I will be bringing many Sky High Pendants for another Parkinson's Disease fundraiser. If you want to custom order colors or styles let me know.

Grimmie you did not add yourself to list. Can't take another year? We have a poker game to play!

Trust me. They are much more fun than the celibate ones. ;) Well duh!

Amazon
Bob Moore
Dr. Dive
Grannyinthesky
Grimmie
Happychick
Kdub
Ladydyver
Lucky
Markus (Little Spoon)
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Sheepfucker
Shell666
Skootz
Tall Guy

I will be bringing many Sky High Pendants for another Parkinson's Disease fundraiser. If you want to custom order colors or styles let me know.

Grimmie you did not add yourself to list. Can't take another year? We have a poker game to play!

He counts on me to add him. He's lazy like that. :P:P

I guess it's the least I can do for him adding ME to Belize! B|B|

And TallGuy, I got a little teary eyed too! You NAILED the experience! :)
'Shell