mirage62

Deland and The Farm different but the same

Getting ready to go do 45 ways this weekend got me thinking about what I consider two of the best dz’s around. Deland and the Farm.

Deland
1. Great planes
2. Large airport
3. Really helpful staff
4. DZO that seems to care

Farm
1. Wonderful dz attitude
2. Pretty views
3. Diverse people
4. DZO that seems to care
5. Great Otter

I have a group at the Farm and one at Deland. The Deland group I have been jumping with since I started, the Farm group are almost all new friends. In both cases I called the dzo at both places and got enthusiastic encouragement to start a group at the dz.

But they are different to. Deland has a restaurant at the dz, the Farm has Reggina, every time I have been at the Farm she has been they’re passing out great food. Deland I can land at the airport, at the Farm I land at a local paved airport but I’ve never had a hard time catching a ride to the Farm.

At the end of the day the beer is just as cold at one as the other.

Oh yeah, Deland has Carl (Snarl) and the Farm has Andy….there different to.

I love great dz’s
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Awwww, you are waxing poetic today!!!! :D:P

Wish I could be doing 45 ways with you guys this weekend. I think this post right here has made me miss jumping more than anything else so far. [:/]

I love both DZ's too. But what I love even more than the DZ's is finding an awesome group of people to jump with, and share beers with at the end of the day....and YOU help to make that happen! Thanks for all the cat herding you do. :)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I havent been to the farm but I did my AFF and first 30 jumps at DeLand and loved it. Everyone there was great! Carl is a great guy, I remember while doing my aff there was a group of argentinians there and one of the girls was pretty good looking and just wearing a sports bra, walked over to carl and asked him how hes doing. He looked at her with a straight face and just said "well now im horny" the look on her face was priceless