chaospilot

Kansas City, MO - DZ's near by?

We just relocated to Kansas City, MO and looking to see what's up with the local DZ's? I know its winter and the weather changes alot, but seeing who is open on weekends and who waits until a certain date in spring to open?

Also, types of planes and skydives, events, driving distance from ZONA ROSA area, etc. We are both experienced/instructors and just trying to get a feel of what to check out when nice weather hits!

Thanks...
Bryan Cavage, D-19100
AFF I, Tandem I, Vidiot
http://www.dropzonesolutions.com
-Social Media Consultant and Skydiving Gear Guru

There is Missouri River Valley Skydivers (MRVS) that fly a 182 or a 206 sometimes, about 30 minutes from Zona Rosa. Open most weekens

Skydive KC in Butler. I don't know much about them but pretty sure they are closed for the winter (i think)

and Skydive Kstate in manhattan, ks about 2 hours away. they fly a 182 and open every weekend the clouds are high and winds are low.
~Always do stupid things safely~

SDKC operates 2-Cessna's, Great facilities and easy access to KC. We are an active student training DZ with a good mix of up-jumpers. We are open weekends as well as some weekdays. We have a turbine over the Memorial Day weekend and have new student/tandem equipment. DZO manages the airport. DZ bunkhouse,rigging services,gear sales. Great midwest vibe with very friendly staff. Come check us out. AAD's required... Only drawback is if you are not jumping one!!

Hello!! Welcome to Kansas City!!

I live in Blue Springs and jump at SkydiveKC in Butler, MO. Its the DZ that is closest with the most direct route in town. Just take 52 to 435 down to 71 and 45 min later, boom, you're jumpin. (sort of)
We have jumpers that drive from St. Joseph, so its worth the drive.

See ya at Safety Day!!

H
SkydiveKC.com