bzreel01

Xtreme Spring Break Boogie

B|www.xtremeskydivers.comB| Feb 18th - Mar 6th Spring Break Boogie We will be doing this annualy..We have a Grand Caravan, a 182 , and possibly a Heli. Venders will be there with demos and some great givaways also. You dont want to miss this just north of Panama City you will be in the heart of spring break!
Brad "shorty" Miller

Got any overhead pics you can post?

Searching www didn't produce much for the old airport...I assume you're on the old airport and not the new one, eh?

Oh...mapquest/yahoo/google maps are not helpful for see what's actually in the area...outs and stuff?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Are you in charge of the marketing?

If so, you might as well learn to make your posted URL's www.xtremeskydivers.com into a hyperlink, I mean after all why post your website addy in a "posted advertisement" for your event and do it half ass?

www.xtremeskydivers.com ;)

And let us not forget a (possible) powerful back link too.

Just wanted to keep you posted, dude.

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

It's the new airport .. and it has over heads on google .. Sorry for the late post I've been very busy with planning.

New airport where? No location is listed on the site other than Panama City, FL.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

bing is better.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH9#JnE9LjEwMCthZ3JpK3BhcmsrcmQrQWx0aGErRkwlN2Vzc3QuMCU3ZXBnLjEmYmI9MzAuMjAxMzQ1Mzk4Nzc4NSU3ZS04NS41NzU4NzcyNzkwNDMyJTdlMzAuMTE4Mzc2OTIxMjUzOCU3ZS04NS43NDQ3OTIwNzM5NjUx

Then click on "bird's eye" which is in a drop down menu under the word "road" on the right side of the map.

Bing has much better resolution than yahoo and google.

Calhoun co airport.. 100 agri park rd Altha FL .. It's in a small town called Blountstown .. It's kinda in between towns.

You probably should just be upfront in telling peeps that its like 70+ miles and inland from Panama City Beach. That being said, how about the beach jumps, since we obviously can't fly all the way from the DZ to jump the beach. Are they leaving from a different (within the 25 mile rule)airport? Using helicopters on the beach or what?

Calhoun co airport.. 100 agri park rd Altha FL .. It's in a small town called Blountstown .. It's kinda in between towns.

You probably should just be upfront in telling peeps that its like 70+ miles and inland from Panama City Beach.

First off geography must have not been a priority for you in school because Panama City is not near that far from the Airport we are using.
"That being said" We are using another airport for our beach landings and yes we will have a helicopter once we get up and running from PCB that is excited to allow us to jump from it. As soon has he gets the ok from the proper people we will add that to the website. thanks for the reminder I needed to post that.
Second why is it that so many people are getting there pantys in a bunch over our DZ? Did we do something to you? We are opening our DZ and we are going to succeed no matter how many of "you" pop up. We have been working for months and spent countless dollars on getting everything in place to open a new DZ and have a great place for skydivers to come hang out and jump care free.."That being said" One thing you will not have to worry is people doing this at my DZ because its a place to have fun not cause trouble. I skydive to relive stresses of life not have them added! Jeezze!!! I mean why would people not want us to open if I had to drive 4-5 hours to a DZ to jump with my friends or have to worry about being bumped off loads for tandems then I would be all for a new DZ opening close to me. I have done nothing but make friends at all the DZ's i have been to around the US and abroad. But the day I decided to open a DZ skydivers have turned on me and have done everything they can to try and trip us up WHY???? I would sure like an answer to this "psyco"??? Hell call me my number is right there!

Brad Miller-DZO
www.Xtreme Skydivers.com
985-258-9255
1-855-Go-Jumpn

Nice name for a DZ! B|
I bet you'll get a little traffic from people looking for our website, and vice-versa... www.xtremedivers.com

And about doing your boogie 1 week after ours, Im sure thats another coincidence.

good luck!

HISPA #93
DS #419.5

Tried to tell you marketing was not your strong point, maybe if you had your shit together in that dept. it wouldn't seem to you people are giving you shit. When you don't inform people or leave out key info you come across a little "skyride'ish" or full of shit, I mean for christ sake you can't even make your own links clicky or name the location of the place until asked, but yet you want people to plan to come to your boogie based on sketchy posts and bad marketing.

All that kind of shit dose is make people think 1. you don't have your shit together 2, if you don't have your shit together here, most likely you don't have your shit together in the aircraft you promise to have and other stuff like that.

Good luck in your new venture and your boogie.

First off geography must have not been a priority for you in school because Panama City is not near that far from the Airport we are using.

I guess geography is not a priority for Google Maps. They must have attended the same school I did. I just put in Panama City Beach, FL as my starting point, since that's where I'll be, and Altha, FL which is the address you gave as your location as my destination. 3 different routes showed 60.9 miles, 77.6 miles and 69.5 miles. So I rounded.

I don't understand why you are mad that people just want accurate information, I would think that you would want everybody to know as much as possible.

Nice name for a DZ! B|
I bet you'll get a little traffic from people looking for our website, and vice-versa... www.xtremedivers.com

And about doing your boogie 1 week after ours, Im sure thats another coincidence.

good luck!

To tell you the truth I saw the name and thought, "No shit... ANOTHER ONE so close together?" before I read through the other posts.

Especially with the "new airport" stuff I thought this was referring to the PR DZ.
Always be kinder than you feel.

Panama City and Panama City Beach are 2 different places you are intentionally choosing a place farther away to cause trouble I am not sure why. In my original post I put "North of Panama City" I have never tried to trick people like you are trying to insinuate. If you have a problem with the way I inform people of where my DZ is and it bothers you that much don't come... I mean if it bothers you so much that you have to come on DZ.com and try to cause drama dont come..have fun jumping where ever it is you jump and don't come hope this was clear enough and not confusing at all for you. This is my last post dealing with this bull shit. How my post to tell people to come out and have fun turned into this is mind blowing damn.......

Brad Miller
Xtreme Skydivers

How my post to tell people to come out and have fun turned into this is mind blowing damn.......

Because the way your posting sucks ass and seems misleading to people. Yes you said:

You dont want to miss this just north of Panama City you will be in the heart of spring break!

The you go on to say:

Yes we will be doing beach jumps.

Most people would be lead to believe, with wording like " you will be in the heart of spring break!" & beach jumps, that your are in panama city beach doing beech jumps, that and most people would not consider 50 to 70 miles inland in hickville FL being in the heart of spring break.

Maybe if you would slow the fuck down and write an informative post with all the details in one post that names the location of the DZ and that you plan on having other aircraft for beach jumps @ another location on the beach, and the rest of the groovy shit people need to know with a hyperlink to your website then maybe you could have avoided all this bullshit.

Sorry dude your lack of forth coming information makes you look sketchy, so for the future you might want to work on your advertising or contact those who have a lot of experience in running boogies and how to advertise them to the masses because in the long run it will make you more successful.

Most of the posts I see here come from fun jumpers that I know travel to events like this just trying to get more information. You have handled yourself poorly in this thread. If you are starting out coming across like this I would hate to see you in a couple of years.

Good luck.

A couple of other things to consider informing people of in the future if you wish to avoid "drama" as you say,

1. packers?
2. Packing, indoor on carpet or out in a tent on a tarp?
3. Showers on site?
4. Shitters flushing or porta?
5. Camping on site?
6. RV hook ups?
7. Local lodging? (how far away?)
8. Food & hydration on site ? (if not how far?)
9. Rigging on site?
10. Registration fees?
11. Load organizing?
12. Gear rental?
13. Transportation to beach jumping location? Shuttle bus?
14. Transportation to & from commercial airlines?
15. Jump ticket prices?
16. Dogs or kids welcome?
17. nite life on site? (band?)
18. Swoop pond?
19. How far to buy booze?
20. Specialty aircraft?
21. Manifest system, tickets or CC account?

This is all the kind of stuff you need to have answers for and or put in your first post & or website, by doing so your keeping from having to hassle with an answer for every little detail people can think up and even when you do cover all the bases people will still ask for more details, so it's best think ahead and have all this kind of crap up front and ready to go so that when people ask or visit your website to find the info they need to decide if coming to your event is something they can do based on standard things boogie goers look for you won't sound like a prick who get's his panties in a wad because people are asking for information about an event your advertising to the public and asking them to (in most cases) spend a fair amount in travel to get there.

You can't just throw out "hey we're having a boogie over here, come support us" people need to plan ahead for how to pack or how much the trip will cost from airfare to rental cars and shit like that, you can't be surprised or get pissed off at people who want more info when you fail to provide it, just posting your website addy and having people visit your website that also is lacking pretty much every detail on the list above, to think other wise is a good marketing plan for your events and DZ is asinine.

A pretty good example of someone who has their shit together when advertising an event in a post can be found here http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=4015403;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

This post I can agree with had this been what was said I would have no problem agreeing that I didn't post enough info. And I agree the sample link you put was great. I now know how and what I should post on here and on my website. Thanks for the "constructive criticism:$" I will make sure future post are very much like the example given.

Brad Miller
Xtreme Skydivers
1-855-Go-Jumpn

That is great, because if you don't shit loads of people will be bugging you everyday for info, I know because I have been involved with major events for many years on all levels.... Hope you guys have a great boogie and best of luck in your new dz.

I dont care about all the bells and whistles, as long as there is a quick plane (cheep lift tix), some woods so I cant take care of business, water source, I'm pretty much happy. I can sleep in a sleeping bag under my truck and eat MREs.
I dont need calamari,kenny g, or my polo shirt

some other WS'ers and a balloon would add a nice touch!

Im planning to be there, hopefully with +1
Is it saturday yet?