apt3studiodiver

Skydive Southwest Florida

Anybody on DZ.com jump out there? ( www.skydiveswflorida.com ) Im going down to Ft Myers to do some work for a week or two. This DZ is about 20 minutes away from where I'll be working! Just wondering if your able to see the gulf of mexico from altitude or not at this particular DZ.

I think that would be a great sight at altitude. If you cant see it, I may travel to some of the east side Florida DZ's on the Atlantic side if I have time.

Either way it'll be nice to get some jumps and get out of Ohio winter for a bit :)

~Blues
www.apt3studios.com
www.musicpromotiononline.com
www.internetcafegaming.com
D.S. # 4321

Anybody on DZ.com jump out there?

Sorry I don't.

Just wondering if your able to see the gulf of mexico from altitude or not at this particular DZ.

You are only about 30 miles from the gulf... So you should be able to see it on a good day. It will not be like jumping in Sebastian looking at the Atlantic, but you could see it. I have seen the Gulf from Zhills before, and have seen the Atlantic from Clewiston.

I may travel to some of the east side Florida DZ's on the Atlantic side if I have time.

Either way it'll be nice to get some jumps and get out of Ohio winter for a bit

Depending on when you are down... Might I suggest:

Jan 27-31
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4004038;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Normally the DZ has a King Air. They also have a C182 and a 206, but the 206 is in Aruba and the 182 in paint. This past weekend they had a Skyvan.

A little further, but turbine aircraft.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Just wondering if your able to see the gulf of mexico from altitude or not at this particular DZ.

Most definitely.

In fact, from central Florida DZ's, on a clear day, from about 7,000' and up, you can see both the Gulf to the west, and the Atlantic to the east.

AND during the boogie the DZ will be doing high altitude loads.... I think 21k or so.

On a good day should be able to see both coasts and lake Okeechobee.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

are we talking about skydive sw florida ( in punta gorda) or sky dive fort myers (on pine island)? im jumping down there on vacation ( fort myers) getting a break from wisconsins shitty winters :)
Some people say "The sky is the limit" .... those people must not skydive..

are we talking about skydive sw florida ( in punta gorda) or sky dive fort myers (on pine island)?

I don't know anything about those two DZs I was talking about Clewiston

I've jumped at Punta Gorda. It's a small, cesna dropzone, but it's super friendly! You may want to call down there and make sure they're jumping when you want to go.

I don't believe anybody camps out or anything there, but it has a very nice vibe :-)

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233