shward

Possibility of Transfer to Millington, TN

There's a possibility of transfering to Millington, TN in the next couple of months. The locator says that there is only one DZ within 100 miles. Has anyone jumped at West TN Skydiving? What's it like, is it anyone's home DZ? Thanks
Life is short, eat more bacon, have more sex and jump anytime you can!!

WTS is my home DZ. Lots of friendly fun jumpers and possibly the best pilot and jump plane in the country - 7 minutes from takeoff to 14.5K. Huge landing area with virtually no obstacles, indoor heated/air conditioned packing area, in-ground pool and RV hookups. Approx 1 hour or so from Millington.
WTS is open year round on weekends, but best to call when its really cold to make sure.
Hope to see you out there this spring!

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

WTS kicks ass.

I did my first Tandem there 17(?) years ago. Mullins King Air is one of the fastest, if not the fastest, jump ships in the Country.

I did maybe 600 jumps there before I moved to Zhills.

They used to throw one hell of a Halloween party.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

There's a possibility of transfering to Millington, TN in the next couple of months. The locator says that there is only one DZ within 100 miles. Has anyone jumped at West TN Skydiving? What's it like, is it anyone's home DZ? Thanks

WTS sister DZ is in Tullahoma and you can ask WTS about it as well. That DZ is going to be closer, I believe they will be open every weekend this years alternating the King Air and the Cessna (or Beech?), but ask them to be sure.

And Skydive East TN is just off of I-40 next to Knoxville. Another good DZ with a quality staff and student Program, rental gear etc.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I do not know what map you are looking at but Millington to WTS is about 6o miles and Millington to Tullahoma is about 200 miles. Millington is a little north and west of Memphis.

Whoops, I had McMinville in my mind for some reason, probably cause we where talking about it here at the FSDO's office the other day.

SO yeah WTS is the place and you will be very happy.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!