SuperKat

Where to jump? Atlanta Skydiving Center or Skydive The Farm?

Can't speak regarding ASC but I would strongly recommend the farm. The farm is definitely not a tandem factory.

Well - there is that ground launch area at ASC's landing area.

The LZ there is a shithole. Actually, the whole DZ's a shithole. :P

Go with The Farm. I love it there. Haven't been out there in a while though. I've been having fun making mid-week jumps at the local airport 7 miles from my house. ;)

what dz would that be?

ASC of course.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Can't speak regarding ASC but I would strongly recommend the farm. The farm is definitely not a tandem factory.

Well - there is that ground launch area at ASC's landing area.

The LZ there is a shithole. Actually, the whole DZ's a shithole. :P

Go with The Farm. I love it there. Haven't been out there in a while though. I've been having fun making mid-week jumps at the local airport 7 miles from my house. ;)

what dz would that be?

ASC of course.

BZZZZZZT! Wrongo! It is just a few friends who get together once in a while to jump at the airport where the DZO of the DZ that was there BEFORE Skyride took over still keeps a plane and hangar there.

Kind of like what Fitzgerald, GA has had for years. Just a few jumpers, a pilot, a plane and an airport that has no problem with them jumping. :)
Granted though, we only get to jump one day during the week, but its better than nothing.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The LZ there is a shithole. Actually, the whole DZ's a shithole.

This is what i was replying to you deaf fucking divit sucking miscreant . . . :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

This is what i was replying to you deaf fucking divit sucking miscreant . . . :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

well its kinda obvious asc is a shit hole, i was talking about the mid week jumps.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

The Farm.

I was there twice in 3 years for jumping (drinking) type events. Both times were for about a 3 day period in which everyone was either jumping hard during the day or partying hard at night. Can't say I remember much other than having a great time.

Even more remarkable - I had an occasion to go back a few months ago to finish up a rating course. Several people (including Hans) remembered me! I was quite impressed and will forever respect the fact that they actually give a shit about the people that jump there. Local or tourist - everybody is family and it's all good.

D
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

well its kinda obvious asc is a shit hole, i was talking about the mid week jumps.

I skimmed the post - I didn't catch that part and replied anyway - My bad.:ph34r:

Billy is still all those things.:ph34r:

Just FYI...It's no longer ASC...they call themselves Skydive Georgia now.

I assume it had something to do with the AZ suit since skydivegeorgia was one of their websites.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

well Im not going to blow smoke and say that the farm is this great moral standard for skydiving centers. Nor do they set the bar for professionalism. Its hard to do that with the most eccentric characters in the sport living there. Believe me, they have their questionable discretions just like most other places. Dont buy into the fleet thing for ASC. However last I heard the farm and ASC were using the same plane during the week. Which is the farms twin otter. Personally if I was a visiting jumper I would go to the farm. Its facilities are better despite the fact that ASC has air conditioned packing. I would rather sweat in the hangar at the farm. The farm just has more of a "real" dropzone feel and its got a badass gear store on site. The only crapper is the shuttle ride to the airport.

...the most eccentric characters in the sport living there...

Hey!
NOT this guy!
<---------------

It's all THOSE guys!
-------------------->

No. Really!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239