hofstar

Texas in January...where to go?

Hi!

My gf and I will be visiting the Houston area 14-17 January, and are trying to decide where to jump in our limited time there. We will most likely spend at least a night in Austin as well.

Been hearing good things about Spaceland, SD Houston, and SD Temple...mixed reviews about SD San Marcos.

Anyone know of any events going on anywhere that weekend that might be worth checking out?

All suggestions and input are welcome! And anyone who'll be around we are always looking for people to jump with :)
Thanks!!

:D Cheers,

-Garrett

All those DZs are great places to jump. Skydive Houston just closed down for their move, so for the Houston area, Spaceland's your only choice, but def not a bad one. They tend to say pretty busy even this time of the year, plenty of loads flying on the weekends & quite a few during the week. San Marcos & Temple are both great places with great people too, both with turbine aircraft. I think they are only operating weeknds this time of the year, but not certain. Call & ask before heading there, they are both about an hour from Austin.

I'm scheduled to work that weekend, but if anything changes I'll let you know and come out & jump. Either way, all those places have great people & there will be people there to jump with.

been hearing good things about Spaceland, SD Houston, and SD Temple...mixed reviews about SD San Marcos.

Don't believe everything you read.....Spaceland is awesome, I'm not sure about the new SD Houston but I'm sure it's going to be epic.
Maybe you have San Marcos and Temple mixed up?
San Marcos is awesome with a Twin Otter and a Caravan and awesome jumpers and facilities. Temple is not bad but not a real turbine dropzone like the others. I think there's a reason the Anvil Brothers are moving their annual boogie from Temple to San Marcos.....just a hunch. ;)