CSpenceFLY

The 8th Annual St. Patrick Day Celebration Boogie:March 17-20 2011:Fitzgerald,Ga.:USA

I don't want to sell things short. There will be lots going on, I just don't have a center piece like last year. If I don't come up with something I think is worthy I will be using that money to buy "supplies" and offer prizes for entertainment from within group. I'm sure we will not be disappointed.

who wants to do some hybrid jumps? I need a couple of solid h/d people to pull off a 6 way rodeo hybrid i've attempted several times. if it works it will be B|

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Well, its officially getting To be crunch ime for final decision making to go or not. I know i wont PLAN on jumping, is it still wOrth going to hang out? Kinda like a day at the DZ cept bigger, cus hanging out at the dz is a fun day in itself. If i do go is it better to get a hotel or camp? I mean what do the majority of people do at these things? Lol just curious, as this will be my FIRST boogie(dont worry there will be beer). Haha.

Hell dude, just watching a record attempt build, track off, then open with that many canopies in the sky is worth the trip alone.

The shit after dark is just the frosting on the cake. :P
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Well, its officially getting To be crunch ime for final decision making to go or not. I know i wont PLAN on jumping, is it still wOrth going to hang out? Kinda like a day at the DZ cept bigger, cus hanging out at the dz is a fun day in itself. If i do go is it better to get a hotel or camp? I mean what do the majority of people do at these things? Lol just curious, as this will be my FIRST boogie(dont worry there will be beer). Haha.

Hell dude, just watching a record attempt build, track off, then open with that many canopies in the sky is worth the trip alone.

The shit after dark is just the frosting on the cake. :P

yeah good point, i was on the ground in deland when they were attempting the record for florida, I THINK (i dont remember) but it was super cool to watch!
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Here's another motivator...there will be girls in corsets.

And if any birds will be flying I think we should do a corset birdeo load. How about you?

I agree.B|

I bought a green corset just for this occasion. yay!
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

I already told you!

I was talking about AT the dz. :P

Spence, a bonfire and band is good, that's what most boogies have anyway. B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Dale Bragg is feeding us. He has been boogie cooking for years over in South Carolina.

Not sure what local guys you are talking about. They must have been skydivers.

I think he is talking about Robby, Gonzo and Greg. They were the only ones I remember playing around the fire on Thursday.

Well Saturday night....bout and hour after sunset we will be showing a screening of the LAST Georgia State record along with (hopefully) the new Georgia State record. Scott Franklin is putting it together. We'd love to have anyone who was on the earlier record stop by along with anyone else that like's bigways
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Well Saturday night....bout and hour after sunset we will be showing a screening of the LAST Georgia State record along with (hopefully) the new Georgia State record. Scott Franklin is putting it together. We'd love to have anyone who was on the earlier record stop by along with anyone else that like's bigways

Cool, glad the DVD I gave Scott is getting put to good use. :):D

That was my first state record. Good times... I even had a mal and cutaway on one of the attempts, and got the record on my 2nd rig. And who could forget Beezy's low cutaway from his video point of view? :D

As for ideas for entertainment, how about the good old standby: wet t-shirt contest for the ladies? There are a good number of well-endowed ladies attending. Plus it gets a little bit nippy in the evening. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Billy, Lee Hunicunt will be at the boogie along with Glenn Crews both were on the record...do you know of anyone else who is attending that was on the last one?

Both are good friends that I havent seen in some time. I have been out of touch with the big way crowd for a while. Have you heard from Fred Leslie (yes the astronaut)? Maybe Dick Klimas? I know Fred was there last year.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yes, Fred and Dick are on it...were they on the old one?

Yep. And I think, but am not positive, that Jeff Nicholson was on it as well, I know his brother was on it, but he doesn't jump anymore, the last I heard.

When you look at the video from the record, the camera guy pans around the formation during the dirt dive from the center so you can see almost everybody's face. This was right before the record jump, so you might see and recognize some people. If you have a list of participants for this year's attempts, send it to me and I'll see if I recognize any names from the '97 record. Chuck Smith and Zabo were the primary videographers.