Honoruru

New Zealand jumpers, which dropzones?

I'm headed to New Zealand soon and I'm wondering which dropzones I should concentrate my time at if I am also trying to tour the country and not spend too much time in one place. Which dropzones are best for sport jumpers (how many loads going up in a day during the weekday and/or weekend?), which ones have the best scenery, facilities and are geared towards sport jumping. I'm not sure if some do tandem only. I am interested in the dropzones near Christchurch, Te Anau, Queenstown, Dunedin, Motueka (Abel Tasman), Wellington, Taupo, Auckland. Also, I have a USPA license, do I need to get a NZ license and what is involved (can I just fill out a paper)? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

, do I need to get a NZ license and what is involved (can I just fill out a paper)?

3 or 4 different licencing organisations in NZ, can't remember/keep up with them all. Each dropzone jumps under a particular organisation, so you have to have their particular licence.

If you jumped at all the places you listed you'd probably need at least 3 NZ licences. It's a friggin' joke!

Christchurch and Motueka are very sport friendly, both have great vibe. Haven't jumped any others.
Ian Purvis
http://www.loadupsoftware.com
LoadUp DZ Management App
[email protected]