Melissa126

Perris Jan 13-16

Cold as in? It was 35 on the ground here in PA the other week when I jumped :)

The first year enthusiasm for jumping in cold is so cute... :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Cold as in? It was 35 on the ground here in PA the other week when I jumped :)

It could easily be that chilly in the morning though it'll typically warm up during the day. But when the sun goes down, expect the temps to drop and be ready to throw some layers on for the evening.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

If you don't have them already get some heavy weight gloves too.

For jumping? I wouldnt recommend that. Use latex inserts, or thin thermal inserts with your regular gloves. For hanging our at night, sure!

I picked some up at square 2 for the really cold days and they worked well for me....much better than the tandem gloves I made the mistake of using before.:S:o:S

8 days left, super excited. I'm assuming Perris has load organizers, think it will be hard to find people to jump with? Just belly stuff, 4-way or less.

Yes, just ask at manifest who's organizing that day and they'll connect you. I had about the same number of jumps as you when I first visited and I had a great time and learned a ton!

Be sure you ask for a landing area briefing as well.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Just jumped at Perris this weekend. Cold as hell!!! The landing area is not under water any more but there is a good 4 inches of VERY slick mud covering everything. Hope that dries out before the 13th. Agree with NW, make sure to get a good brief on the landing areas.
Life is short, eat more bacon, have more sex and jump anytime you can!!

8 days left, super excited. I'm assuming Perris has load organizers, think it will be hard to find people to jump with? Just belly stuff, 4-way or less.

Yes, just ask at manifest who's organizing that day and they'll connect you. I had about the same number of jumps as you when I first visited and I had a great time and learned a ton!

Be sure you ask for a landing area briefing as well.

Most load organised jumps during the weekend end up a tad bigger than 4-ways though, the jumps they organise are a ton of fun, you should definitly join in...

I'm there 14-17 as well...

hey everyone, after hours on the phone with expedia, etc, and cancelled flights. I need a ride!!! Anybody know anybody? I'd be willing to pay gas. I arrive at LAX Friday at 11am and need to get to Perris... I leave Monday, and would have to be back at LAX by 11am... I tried renting a card but they require a credit card in the drivers name... I don't own a cc! Anybody know of any options, buses, etc. something, let me know!