Ghetto

Jumping in Buenos Aires

Hey all,

My girlfriend and I are thinking of spending a few months in Buenos Aires (between February and June). Anyone have any thoughts on the following?

-What's the optimum jump season?
-Are there lots of fun jumpers, or is it a tandem-factoryland?
-AAD's required?
-What's the favorite DZ near Buenos Aires?

Thanks!
Brett
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

Hi there,

Thanks for responding!

I've seen that there are a bunch of DZ's listed around BA in the dropzone database. However, I've seen places listed before, then hauled my gear several thousand miles only to realize that every DZ is either a tandem factory, doesn't return phone calls or emails, or is just closed to begin with. Even if they checked the boxes for "free camping", "load organizing", "fun jumper friendly", "weekly 300-ways", "skyvan every day" etc. My post is intended to get some first-hand info from actual jumpers.

Have you been to the one that you linked to, and are recommending it?

Thanks,
Brett
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

I spent a weekend in La Plata just outside of BA. They had Cessnas, cold beer and great people. Since then there's another DZ in the BA area that's opened up. I've never been there but a friend of mine says the vibe is great. I'm going to PM you his email address so you can get in touch.

Blue Skies!
I got nuthin

I was just down in BA last week, and a friend took me out to a small operation running out of the Chacabuco Airport, about 1.5 hours from the city. Two 182's, one carrying fun jumpers, the other running tandems. Most of the folks were freeflyers. Good people, cold beer.

I can ping my friend and get contact info if you'd like...

-Jon