SFJason.

Central texans where you jump and why?

Hello fellow Texans, I recently moved here from San Francisco, and have been reading review etc on our local dz's but was just curious where you guys prefer to jump. Although I am officially a turbine baby it isnt necessarily a requirement for me to go to a dz. I am a newbie, just have a few little signatures left to get my A. Hope to hear from y'all soon..:D

Howdy!

You have lots of good options in Texas. However, often geography is the prime determinant of where folks do most of their jumps.

My home is Skydive Dallas... very hospitable "Howdy!" DZ with 2 turbine aircraft and free load organizers every weekend.

Skydive Temple is a charming place that sometimes has turbines (typically in winter). Great people and lots of Shiner. If you like CReW... this is the place for you!

Skydive Spaceland has LOTS of turbine aircraft and great facilities (site of the 2009 USPA nationals).

Skydive 35 (near Hillsboro) is mostly tandems.

I haven't yet been to San Marcos or Skydive Houston.

The essential questions is... "How far are you willing to drive?"
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

I'll be honest; Spaceland is a great place with great facilities. But if you jump closer to where you live, you'll jump more often, stay more current, and make more friends you can see outside the DZ.

There are 5 DZs within an hour according to the dz.com map. Try them all; stay for the evening and get an idea of what the people are like, and not just the jumping.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)