rasmack

Can't find an open DZ

I'll be in the states in December (Ann Arbor, MI). However, it seems that every DZ I can find is closed by then. Anyone know of one I've missed?

(And yes, I know it's cold. I'm from Denmark. We jump all year round, and it is getting chilly up there. ;))
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

There will be plenty open in the warmer states, but I presume you're asking for something in relatively close driving distance of Ann Arbor? Good luck with that :D(though I'll defer to the locals if there are any hardy souls that still jump in that area in December).

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Some distance that's feasible to drive out in the morning and back in the evening would be nice. I'm there for work. Just have a spare day.

Some distance that's feasible to drive out in the morning and back in the evening would be nice. I'm there for work. Just have a spare day.

I think you are going to find that the weather moderating influences of the Great Lakes in the middle of the North American continent are NOT quite the same as the Baltic Sea and the North Sea affect the weather in Denmark in the winter:)

Rasmus, you could also drive to MOntreal and hit the tunnel

Hey m'sieur Fish

I think she-who-must-be-obeyed thinks I've spent my tunnel budget for the year. Especially since a new tunnel is opening up this month 10 minutes from our place. B|

Especially since a new tunnel is opening up this month 10 minutes from our place. B|

where would that be ? :o

Here abouts. Back in Denmark...

I jump out of Tecumseh, and I know for sure, they're closed until April. I'm pretty sure some of the other jumpers take day trips to Tennessee. Even then I believe you need to check with the DZ first, as they may only be open on weekends / weather permitting this time of year.

Are they flying on these day trips?
If so check out Skydive East TN as well.
Mullins place is awesome, Turbine (King Air) with a mid size DZ feel.
Skydive East TN is a Turbine (PAC 750) DZ with a small size feel.

If you haven't been to either you will like both.
If your driving, I think Skydive West TN (Mullin's Place) is the one to drive to, shorter distance.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

If you haven't been to either you will like both.
If your driving, I think Skydive West TN (Mullin's Place) is the one to drive to, shorter distance.

I totally agree with everything you said, except that Skydive East TN (just east of Knoxville) is a MUCH closer driving distance to Ann Arbor than West TN. Knoxville is about 500 miles from Ann Arbor, straight shot down I-75. West TN is over 700 miles.

I hate to discourage you from coming to visit Skydive East Tennessee (they did 3 PAC loads yesterday and a handful of Cessna 206 loads...would have done more from the PAC if people had shown up earlier. :D), but if Start Skydiving in Ohio is open that would be much closer for you. You'd pass right by it on the way to TN. Give them a call and find out!

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Thanks for the suggestions, but it is beginning to smell as if the time is better spent visiting a couple of Hellfish and sharing stories (and beer)