plante

places to jump near FT Benning

im headed to airborne school this thursday (nov 11) for 3 weeks and i was wondering where the closest DZ was. im still on student status with 28 jumps so ill need someone to jump with. not positive if they will allow be to do this but might as well set myself up for success right?

Skydive Atlanta in Thomaston GA
Skydive Opelika on Moton Field

You will be briefed your not allowed to skydive while your in ABN school.

But I can attest that there where a few weekends I saw some of my students at the DZ.

Just don't draw attention to your self (at least no more than you just did here) or get broke.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Skydive Atlanta in Thomaston GA
Skydive Opelika on Moton Field

You will be briefed your not allowed to skydive while your in ABN school.

But I can attest that there where a few weekends I saw some of my students at the DZ.

Just don't draw attention to your self (at least no more than you just did here) or get broke.

Matt

Hell I was briefed to not even tell or let them know in any way shape or form that I was a skydiver when I went:)

Flying completely under the radar and not breaking any regs while in any military school always seemed to work pretty good for me.

I was not discounting those places, just giving him the ones that where within the driving limit radius, unless that is gone now too.

Driving radius is still in effect.

You will be briefed you're not allowed to skydive while your in ABN school.

Oh really? I musta not heard that part... :D

Make sure you tell all of your JMs that you're a skydiver and you have mad skillz... :)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I was not discounting those places, just giving him the ones that where within the driving limit radius, unless that is gone now too.

Driving radius is still in effect.

You will be briefed you're not allowed to skydive while your in ABN school.

Oh really? I musta not heard that part... :D

Make sure you tell all of your JMs that you're a skydiver and you have mad skillz... :)

Oohhhh...that would be a mistake of monumental proportions...talk about staying late on the swing landing trainer :ph34r:

Soldier: Focus on the task at hand (those shiny wings), and complete your school before you go play...don't know if getting hurt bandit jumping outside of school would be considered line of duty, and no one skydive is worth your military career...
Keith Abner
D-17590

"Those who do, can't explain; those who don't, can't understand"

Oohhhh...that would be a mistake of monumental proportions...talk about staying late on the swing landing trainer.

I had a 4 day tower week (thanksgiving 4-day) and we were stowing the harnesses (me and a drill sgt that was in my chalk) and he was talking about falling straight down so he can determine where he was going to land... I was explaining that there is more to take into account, forward throw, wind drift and such...

The blackhad that somehow snuck up behind me: "How do you know that, Airborne?"

He didn't believe that it was a lucky guess...

Atleast it was the last day of tower week, and the end of the day.;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Skydive GA in cedartown...

I read where that DZ is either closed or getting ready to close. Nonetheless, Skydive the Farm would be a better suggestion for that area.

Skydive GA aka Atlanta Skydiving Center aka SKYRIDE!!! Not good.

what she said.

the farm is great and it is only 134 miles from benning. i drive 90 miles almost every weekend to go out there.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."