matthias

Dropzones nearest to Denver?

I haven't been to Colorado in 20 years, so I know next to nothing of what cities and towns surround it. The dropzone locator didn't help much besides tell me 8 dropzones exist in the state. So...if anyone can help me out, if you live in or near Denver where do you jump, why, and how far from the skyventure is it? (my sis lives a block or 2 from the tunnel, lucky bitch lol)

Thanks.

Your definitely going to want to go to Mile-Hi. I've never been to the Boulder dz but I never hear anything good about it either. All they have is a Cessna and I doubt loads are very consistent.

We've been flying 2 Otters at Mile-Hi all summer and when the one goes back to AZ we still have the addition of a King Air and Cessna. Like he said above, we have quite a few fun jumpers, belly, FF and wingsuiters. Mile-Hi is in Longmont which is also about an hour from the tunnel with no traffic.

There's also a newer dz in Fort Morgan which is more like an hour and 45 min from the tunnel, but I'm not even sure they'd be flying out there, plus it's a club as far as I know.

Anyway... GO TO Mile-Hi! ;)

*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Mile-Hi in Longmont.

haven't heard anything favorable about Boulder.

I might check out Skydive the Rockies in Canon City sometime next summer.

I was in Colorado last week touring the Rockies, and drove through Canon City. I didn't stop by the airport though. Friend of mine that I met in Breckenridge said he'd heard rumors that this DZ was closed. Double-check before you make the trip.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban