skipswoop

Movie Night Gypsy Moth-10/16 in Benton, Kansas

We are going to have a Gypsy Moth Movie night at Benton Airport in Benton Kansas. Jumping will start around noon and you must be at lease an A license. Gypsy Moth, a 1960s skydiving move was filmed at Benton Airport.

You should get all the old farts around to break out all their old gear for a "Jump a Round Day" before the movie.:)

What an awesome idea ... if I lived in that area I'd be all over it!

(psst, it will probably help if you tell people what day your event is)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Why the A-license requirement?
What about non-jumping girlfriends of jumpers?

Hes trying to keep the riff-raff in and not allowing the place to become civil.:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Why the A-license requirement?
What about non-jumping girlfriends of jumpers?

It is this Saturday and jumping starts at noon. The jump planes are two guys who have experience dumping divers and are based out of Benton but they don't want to deal with non-licensed jumpers.

The packing will be in the original hangar used in the film that was behind the lemonade stand in the movie.

It is not our regular DZ but a sort of fly-in day at the airport. Pretty cool if you ask me. Someone was trying to get a D-18 running as a jump ship but I heard that it was a no-go. There are several in various states of repair out at Dead Cow International but in 3 years, I've yet to see any of them fly.:( Rounds would be cool, I know that the Powell's have a PC but I don't think anybody has "the cape".
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

I'm sure that you've all seen the movie, it's fairly hokey but it does have skydiving and nudity! Old school style both on both counts.

Chuck was trying to get the Beach 18 that flys at Silom Springs Arkansas. http://www.skyranch.com/skyranch/

The Gypsy Moths is a 1969 American film starring Burt Lancaster, based on the novel of the same name by James Drought. It is the story of three barnstorming skydivers and their effect on a midwestern American town. At the time, the sport of skydiving was in its infancy.

The movie also features Gene Hackman (fresh from his role in Bonnie and Clyde) and Deborah Kerr renewing her association with Lancaster from their previous work in From Here to Eternity and Separate Tables. The movie focuses on the differences in values between the town folk and the hard living skydivers and features Deborah Kerr's only nude love scene in her movie career.[1]

The director, John Frankenheimer, expressed his anguish and disappointment at the critical reception of this piece and subsequent narrow release in the United States. The film was widely seen in Australia and the local skydiving fraternity there were quick to seize the opportunity to promote their sport.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ