Pierluc

Vancouver vs Victoria dz

Two DZs serve Vancouver: Pitt Meadows and Abbotsford.

You can take a city bus to within a mile of the Pitt Meadows Airport and Pacific Skydivers land on the municipal airport. The disadvantage of Pitt Meadows is that they only fly Cessnas.

Abbotsford may be farther out, but Horizon Aerosports operate off a private airstrip that is really closer to the Mission Bridge than it is to the city of Abbotsford. Abby' also has a collection of Cessnas, but they fly a Pilatus Porter on busy days.

Two DZs serve Vancouver: Pitt Meadows and Abbotsford.

You can take a city bus to within a mile of the Pitt Meadows Airport and Pacific Skydivers land on the municipal airport. The disadvantage of Pitt Meadows is that they only fly Cessnas.

Abbotsford may be farther out, but Horizon Aerosports operate off a private airstrip that is really closer to the Mission Bridge than it is to the city of Abbotsford. Abby' also has a collection of Cessnas, but they fly a Pilatus Porter on busy days.

Rob.. is the DZ over in Victoria even jumping. I had not heard anything from anyone over there in quite a while. I was thinking about heading over for a visit... but I have not been on the island for a while.

Oh.. and when I stopped in over on your side of the LINE last time.. US Customs at Sumas felt the need to do a wonderful full on inspection.. MAN do I hate bored people:S

Hey Ive noticed no one has posted here in awhile.

Which DZ is better in Vancouver? I know theres 2 -- Abbotsford and the Pacific Skydivers. Im more interested in the view from the jump...which one has the better overall experience??

Also, is Victoria better? I noticed theres a huge price difference btwn Van and Victoria ($256 vs $375). Is the mark up because it's an overall better experience??

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd add in my 2 cents.

My home DZ is Victoria. The views are absolutely SPECTACULAR. And the dropzone is a lovely farm field right around Brentwood Bay/Butchart Gardens area. It is so pretty. You can see a lot of our smaller islands (Gabriola and Salt Spring) during the canopy ride down. I really love it here. Skydivers from all over come here to jump because it is so pretty. :)

thetreehugger

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd add in my 2 cents.

My home DZ is Victoria. The views are absolutely SPECTACULAR. And the dropzone is a lovely farm field right around Brentwood Bay/Butchart Gardens area. It is so pretty. You can see a lot of our smaller islands (Gabriola and Salt Spring) during the canopy ride down. I really love it here. Skydivers from all over come here to jump because it is so pretty. :)

Capital City Skydiving is awesome - when I was out there the beginning of July I only got in a hop'n'pop because I went up with an IAD student, but the view was still awesome, and Bob's a great guy. Being there got me the chance to go jump up in Tofino the next day too, which was amazing.

I jumped at Skydive Vancouver - the Kodiak's a beautiful plane, but paying $40 and only going to 10,000' was a little over the top. I didn't get a chance to check out Pitt Meadows.

Gord at Skydive Vancouver Island was really helpful in trying to sort out some issues I had there, but I didn't get to jump at his place this time.

Pierluc

Hi, I'm visiting BC next week and I wanna jump!!

Should I go to the Victoria dz or the Vancouver one?

I couldn't find any pictures or review on the Victoria dz, can anyone help?

Thanks

Sounds like you're looking to do a tandem - if you can get to Tofino on a Monday, check out Point Break Skydiving - they do tandems on Mondays using Capital City Skydiving's Cessna 182 and TIs. The view is incredible.

https://www.facebook.com/pointbreakskydiving/ is their website, you need to book in advance.