robbyesc

[question] 16 year old drop zones in south east

Hey, I'm turning 16 in a couple of months, and I read that some drop zones allow 16 year olds to jump. Does anyone know any drops zones in the south east (SC, NC, GA, FL, TN, AL) that I could legally do a tandem sky dive with parent consent.

Thanks for reading this and please respond.
I want to be a skydiver, I'm here for the inspiration!

Hey, I'm turning 16 in a couple of months, and I read that some drop zones allow 16 year olds to jump. Does anyone know any drops zones in the south east (SC, NC, GA, FL, TN, AL) that I could legally do a tandem sky dive with parent consent.

If you can find one that offers Static Line training, I think you'll be able to jump. May need parental signatures on the waivers though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If you can find one that offers Static Line training, I think you'll be able to jump. May need parental signatures on the waivers though.

Skydive Opelika in Tuskegee, AL, has a static line program and Im 99% sure they take 16yr olds with parental consent. The jumping place in Saint Marys, Ga, might also take 16 year olds... Dont really think youre going to find a DZ that does tandems at 16 though....

West Tennessee Skydiving, near Memphis, TN.
http://www.SkydiveKingAir.com
901-759-3483

Thank you guys for all the replies. Looks like I'll have to do a static once I turn 16. It should still be an awesome experience. Then at least I'll be tided over until I'm 18. Thanks for all the answers and the information

Thank you guys for all the replies. Looks like I'll have to do a static once I turn 16. It should still be an awesome experience. Then at least I'll be tided over until I'm 18. Thanks for all the answers and the information

Hey, you can solo before 18... Static line is just a method of training to get there :)

Ohh I just went to the Memphis sky diving site posted above and they said I can go Tandem skydiving at 16 with one parent present and written permission of the other parent. I can finally live my dreams now :P

Ohh I just went to the Memphis sky diving site posted above and they said I can go Tandem skydiving at 16 with one parent present and written permission of the other parent. I can finally live my dreams now :P

If Micheal Mullins says he will get you in the air.. DUUUUUDE... you are golden. Go for it:)