sandi

dropzones near portland

I'm going to be in Portland, OR for a few days in August and I'm hoping to add on a day or two for jumping. Does anyone have any recommendations on which dropzone to go to?

I haven't jumped in awhile (ok, a very long while) so I would need to do some coached jumps to get current. I will also need rental gear as my gear is no longer appropriate since I'm far from current. And I'm 5'0" which can be a problem as not all dz's have rental gear for really short people.

So, any suggestions/comments on dz's? Instructor/coach recommendations would be great too.

I would have to say Mollala's Skydive Oregon is the place for you in the Portland area.
If you were current... and had your own gear though.. a trip to Estacada and a jump or two at SkyDive Eagle Creek can be an "interesting" trip into what the sport once was. A small cessna DZ with a crusty old fart running the place way out in the country:ph34r:

The DZO is the Call Ralph guy..... he has barns full of old equipment going back 50 years.... and I doubt the Beaver with the big OILY Radial on the front will be flying.

Its kind of like your own personal Twilight Zone adventure:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

crusty old fart running the place way out in the countrySly

he is definately that!:D

the Beaver with the big OILY Radial on the front

be scared, be very scared if its ever cleaned:P

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.