PhreeZone

Work Stinks Boogie 2010 Start Skydiving Ohio ~ Sept 1-6 ~ 5 planes, Helicopter, Balloon

I'm hearing rumors that there may be some aircraft issues at this boogie now. Are all the same planes expected to be there that were listed in the original post?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Not sure what is considered interesting but according to a recent email the Kingair is being replaced with a Caravan Deluxe that will hold more jumpers.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Aircraft shifted just a bit per the last email to the newsletter list:

Aircraft
CASA 212 tailgate seats 32
Super Twin Otter seats 23
Patriot One Caravan seats 15
Lady Liberty Caravan seats 18,
Freedom 206 for fast hop-n-pops. This is the only aircraft doing hop-n-pops during the boogie.
R44 Helicopter $89.00 you must pre-manifest from 8am to 12pm Sat & Sun Purchase helicopter jumps ONLINE
Hot Air Balloon slots are $89.00. You must pre-manifest and Purchase balloon jumps ONLINE.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

No the e-mail says ZZ Top Friday Evening. Then Hip Kitty and Jimmies Chicken Shack Saturday and an AC/DC Tribute Band Sunday.

It does sound like the registration is worth the entertainment alone this year.

But then the Skydives will be awesome too!

Matt

I went to their website and they are going to be in California, so it must be a cover band.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

but I am unaware of any night jumps being offered to the rest of us

It may be because of the waxing moon and minimal moonlight. The next scheduled moonlight madness night jumps at Start Skydiving is September 25th.

http://startskydiving.com/vcalendar/index.php?cal_monthDate=2010-09
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Kudos to the team at Start Skydiving for putting on an awesome boogie. This was by far the best boogie I have been to. For $45 (if you registered early) you received a jump ticket ($23 value), a t-shirt ($20 value), a meal ticket ($8 value), entertainment, access to aircraft and world class organizers. I have been to a lot of boogies and received far less for the same registration fee.

I don't know how you guys do it. But thank you. You are all awesome!!!!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Icon134 and Norman Kent shot video on the 36 way (which I think will be a new USPA record since the dual state records from years ago never got filed). Look for Scott to post videos on his site at http://www.scottgunstills.com/ or on Facebook.

I uploaded around 100 photos of day and night activities and then around 100 fireworks photos. I shot close to 1400 stills over the weekend :)

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

So, has anyone posted video from the 36 way or the pyro display? I watched a couple there, but would like to see it again.

we only managed to scrounge up a 33-way (but it went really well)... but I haven't done anything with the video yet... other then get it to a USPA Judge.

I have been fiddling with a few of the photos and may upload some of them before leaving for Chicago to support my wife's 4-way team at nationals...

I will create a video with the jumps from the boogie when I get back home (to include the 33-way) next week.

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...