PhreeZone

Work Stinks Boogie 2010 Start Skydiving Ohio ~ Sept 1-6 ~ 5 planes, Helicopter, Balloon

If you haven't registered yet for the boogie make sure to do that soon! We are limiting participants to 500 and slots are filling up. Also, if you haven't reserved your spot for a balloon or helicopter jump, and an RV hookup make sure to do so. Registration is $65 and includes your Saturday meal ticket, t-shirt, lift ticket, and your fast slots card. For all the latest updates check out the Work Stinks Boogie fan page on facebook and sign up for the weekly newsletter at Startskydiving.com

*The RV hookups are electricity only so make sure to bring a full tank of water. We will have people coming to pump the restrooms who will also be available to pump any RVs that need to do so.

Just in from the dropzone newsletter:

Current Registration is over 400!
The 410, 420, 430, 440, 450, 460, 470, 480, 490 receive five FREE lift tickets. The 500th jumps for FREE all weekend.

Camping/RVs
This year we have a dedicated camping area that has a bonfire pit for your enjoyment. We also have 40 (4 remaining) RV hookups for the event ($150 for the event). The Hookups are on a first come basis, so reserve them early online. They will be power only, so bring water in your tanks if you need it.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Sorry, no unregistering for a chance at the prize, just the luck of the draw. In better news we have freefly organizers now confirmed. World Record holder Melanie Johnson and Brad Hunt will be here coaching and organizing jumps all week for freeflyers of all levels. We will also have Ty Losey of Arizona Arsenal, last year's VFS national champions, coming in to organize!!!! I hope you are all getting excited because this will be a boogie you'll want to be at! Register soon if you haven't already!

Some more freefly updates: There will be an intro to freeflying seminar held on Friday night at sundown and Team Exos Freefly will be around all day Friday and Saturday for coaching and organizing. Brad and Mel will also be organizing sequentials, tracking dives, tube jumps, and hybrids.

Question: Would anyone be interested in being part of the Ohio Women's Vertical Record?

• Special Hotel Rate: the Manchester Inn, located only 5 minutes from the DZ is providing a $50.00 per night room rate.

• RV Hookups and Campers: if you are planning on bringing an RV, Pop Up or Trailer we need to know by August 17th. Weather you need electric or not the City still requires that we provide appropriate reserved spacing. The camper fee with an electric hookup is $150 for the event and $100 without electric.

• Camping: if you plan on bringing a tent and camping. Please send us an email confirming this at [email protected]. If you plan on camping with a group that has an RV we need to know this as well so we can provide the appropriate location for this group. Automobiles will not be permitted in the campgrounds unless they are kept there for the entire event. We want to prevent people from being injured by moving vehicles at night.

• Saturday Meal: please let us know if you are a vegetarian or have special requirements for your meal. We will make every effort to accommodate you. Email [email protected] with your meal needs.

• Food: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner will be available Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon. We have kept the prices very low so you can jump more. The food menu will be sent out with your registration packet on August 30th.

• Budweiser Trailer: we will be selling three types of beer at the event for a buck a beer. Because of City requirements other alcohol will not be permitted in the event area. This does not apply to the RV and campground areas.

• FAST SLOTS: there will be eight Fast Slots kiosks this year for easy access to self manifest. If you are not familiar with Fast Slots, you will receive a how to guide in the registration packet.
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

How about balloon jumps!

I am willing to pay for some video, who wants to go up with me? Mornings are more reliable than late in the day. I don't know exactly which day will work out best, but how about it?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

How about balloon jumps!

I am willing to pay for some video, who wants to go up with me? Mornings are more reliable than late in the day. I don't know exactly which day will work out best, but how about it?

Cover my slot and I will get all the video you want for free ;)
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

The boogie can't get here fast enough.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=556503131388

The video is set to "everyone" so even those without Facebook should be able to view it.

Just in case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shigTMSibx8
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Nice video.

Anyone notice at 2:20 and 4:00 the guy with his crazy-ass CRW toggles flying around in freefall on the tandem formation jump? Safety first.

(On the upside, the other toggle looked like it was ready to unstow as well, so maybe the opening would have been symetrical)

Im a new jumper and still working on my A license. i have been cleared for solo jumps and will be jumping my 13th jump next.

Can i jump in this event?

I just jumped at the SkyVan Boogie at Canton Aerosports this past friday and have an uncontrollable desire to get some more jumps in with a 12K+ exit.

I do not own my own gear and would need to rent.

Did you hear? Saturday night at the Work Stinks Boogie is '80's metal night! Theme Party!! Dress up in your best acid wash jeans, bandanas.... hey, you got a mullet? Great! Show up and rock you '80s metal style!!! This party's gonna be bangin'!
It isn't what it could be, or it what it should be, it is what it is.

Saturday night is Jimmy's Chicken Shack and Hip Kitty for the bands. I hear Sunday is a 80's rock cover band. My understanding is the final registration packet info will be sent out with details on everything soon.

I'm stoked looking forward to some of the organized jumps!
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

From the Start email:

Friday evening come prepared to rock the night away with ZZ Top.

You've got to be freaking kidding me.

Sure... wait till I can't make it...B|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

No the e-mail says ZZ Top Friday Evening. Then Hip Kitty and Jimmies Chicken Shack Saturday and an AC/DC Tribute Band Sunday.

It does sound like the registration is worth the entertainment alone this year.

But then the Skydives will be awesome too!

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

No the e-mail says ZZ Top Friday Evening. Then Hip Kitty and Jimmies Chicken Shack Saturday and an AC/DC Tribute Band Sunday.

The way I read it was Hip Kitty was playing as a ZZ Top cover band Friday Night. It was pretty vague,
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

"Entertainment
Friday evening come prepared to rock the night away with ZZ Top. We will have Hip Kity playing from 6:00pm until 8:00pm and Jimmies Chicken Shack performing Saturday evening after the fireworks. From 8:15pm to 8:45pm we have am awesome areobatic display, at 9:00pm Team Fastrax fireworks aerial display and a fireworks show you will talk about until next year. A great DJ is on site Friday and Sunday spinning the tunes. Sunday evening we have the only authorized AC/DC Tribute Band.

Jimmies Chicken Shack will be creating a video around skydiving while they are at the boogie. "
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!